Lian-li V1000 questions!

Rudd

n00b
y helo thar

I felt I made a mistake by getting the V600, since it's really too small to have 5 HDD's in it (guess that's why there's only room for 3, I put the other 2 in the 5,25" slots). Also, I wasn't happy with all the humming coming from the harddrives, and there's just no room to suspend them.

So I decided to try out the V1000, but I have a few questions before I order it.

1. Will my Corsair 620W fit together with 5 HDD's? I understand it's a bit tight in the PSU area of this case. Should I consider the V1200 instead?

2. My current CPU cooler is too loud, so I was thinking of getting either a Thermalright Ultra-120, an XP-120 or a Scythe Ninja. I would be using a Noctua NF-S12-1200 fan. Which one would be best, and which one would fit on a P5B Deluxe WIFI/AP and in a V1000?

3. Will one of those Noctua fans be enough to cool my 5 HDD's, or is the one that comes with the case better at that job?

4. The length of the USB/Firewire-cables. Are they long enough for me to be able to connect them on the P5B Deluxe?

5. I think I'm gonna suspend my HDD's if I get the V1000, you think it'll help much? In my current V600 they're unsuspended, and the entire case along with the table it stands on vibrates.

Thanks in advance. Also, excuse my english, as it's not my native language.

I have a Corsair 620 PSU and the Lian Li v1000 case.

1. The Corsair will fit. However, the cables will bend almost at right angles and I wasn't comfortable with that so I took out the separator between the hard drives and the PSU area and took out the other hard drive cage (I only have one hard drive). Since you have 5 hard drives I would suggest going with the v1200 since it has a longer PSU area.

2. I've never owned a Scythe CPU cooler but I currently own a Thermalright SI-128 paired with a Scythe S-Flex fan and it does a good job.

3. That fan might be enough. I've only ever really used one hard drive and I took out that fan on my v1000 as I don't need it. I'm looking at that fan's specs right now and it says it pushes 24.1 CFM. It might be enough depending on what hard drives you run (i.e. Raptors vs. slower hard drives).

4. I have a DFI nF4 Ultra-D motherboard and the front port cables fit fine. They're a pretty good length.

5. I'm sure suspension would help with vibration but Lian Li has fairly good anti-vibration for the hard drive cages already. After you purchase the case and try it first you can decide whether or not you need it. :)

I hope this helps some.

Thanks!

I don't like to bend cables too much either, guess I'll consider the V1200.

Thanks!

I don't like to bend cables too much either, guess I'll consider the V1200.

the v2000 is an awesome case, IMO all the V Series cases rock :)

you shouldn't need to suspend the drives, theyre in the bottom half of the cage, behind a terribly thick aluminum side panel :p

if you REALLY want silent, id advise a V1100 or 2100 :) 2100 is gigantic, but its got room for 12 harddrives IIRC and has silencing foam on all the panels :)

you shouldn't need to suspend the drives, theyre in the bottom half of the cage, behind a terribly thick aluminum side panel :p

if you REALLY want silent, id advise a V1100 or 2100 :) 2100 is gigantic, but its got room for 12 harddrives IIRC and has silencing foam on all the panels :)

Yea, but since the V1100 is the same size as the V1000, there would apparently be a problem with the size of the PSU. And V2100 is a bit out of my price range to be honest. =/

Btw, what about the length of the USB/Firewire-cables in the V1200 then? Would they still be long enough if the connectors are on top of the mobo?

I'm looking at that fan's specs right now and it says it pushes 24.1 CFM..

:eek: Even my 900rpm aerocool fan pushes 37CFM, are you sure you have that figure right? I've heard somewhere that they're supposed to push somewhere around 70cfm.

:eek: Even my 900rpm aerocool fan pushes 37CFM, are you sure you have that figure right? I've heard somewhere that they're supposed to push somewhere around 70cfm.

The 120mm Noctua fans push 80m^3/h which equals about 48 CFM, I believe.

This is why I went with the V2000B Plus II. There is literally nothing this case can't handle, including 12 Hard Drives, a floppy and six more 5.25" drives.

Yes, it's big. But the odd's of ever out-growing this case are severely slim.

I have the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad in mine, and it fits fine.

I have a 630w PSU in my v1000 atm. Think it's an enermax but i'll have to check when i get home from work. I think most PSU's will fit if you remove the hard drive area in front of it, but i'm not sure. Please correct me if i'm wrong tho.
Anyway, i love my v1000, the only case i'll even consider upgrading to atm is the v2000. :p

Back