Lian-Li - taking the plunge, but which one?

Murkon

Limp Gawd
Wow there are a lot of Lian-Li's on newegg :)

Right now I'm looking at this one -

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-112-025&depa=0

What's the difference between all the different ones on Newegg? Just that some have windows/more drive bays and such?

I'm assuming they all have removeable mobo trays - is this correct?

Also, when looking at this image -
http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-112-025-12.JPG

Is the very bottom cage where the fans blowing where you put your hard drives? Do they go in sideways or something? Also, is the cage above it just for extra drives?

All information is appreciated, thank you!

I just received that same case from NewEgg today and I must say it's awesome in person!!

I'm not sure what the differences are between the different cases without looking though them, but I do know that there's a few subtle differences between the PC-61 and my PC-10 (that isn't made anymore). Nothing major, just a redesign in switches, HDD cage and front panel.

The hard drives can either be mounted on there side or flat. There's a plate that's included for flat mounting if you wish to go that way (I"ll be going vertical). The cage above it is for 3.5 devices if you have any.

The only thing that caught my attention is if you want to cut out the stock fan grid on the top of the case it looks like you'll need to go with at least a 92mm fan. If you go with an 80mm fan the corners of the stock grid will still show.

Hope this helps a little ...

Chuck

intense99dak how satisfied are you with the case?

Does it have a removeable mobo tray? Is it roomy inside? Easy to work in?

Any gripes at all?

intense99dak how satisfied are you with the case?

Does it have a removeable mobo tray? Is it roomy inside? Easy to work in?

Any gripes at all?

Being that I only received the PC-61 today and it's still sitting pratically untouched I'd have to say that I'm very satisfied with it :rolleyes:

Honestly though ... It's basically the same case as my PC-10 and I have been very happy with that one. Yes, the PC-61 has a removable mobo tray (a key feature for me) as do all Lian Li's (from what I've seen of them). As for the roominess, considering it's an ATX yes it's roomy. The cables can get a little entangled if you're not careful, but that could just be the design of my motherboard. The case is very easy to work on (and keep clean) and when ever I needed to add something to the PC-10 it was very easy to do so. I expect nothing less of the PC_61.

IMHO I think the PC_61 would make you a very fine case and the cheapest I found it (including s/h) is newegg.

Oh ... if I have any gripes about either the PC-10 or PC-61 it would be the crappy exhaust fan grille out the back. I cut mine off and replaced it and will do so with the PC-61. I would love to put another 80mm exhaust fan in the rear of the case, but it's too tight (for me) to do so ... even though it can and has been done.

Chuck

Noo need to cool your Hard drives, the fans at the bottom of that case promote good airflow through the case, which is needed. You wouldn't want to block them with Hard Drives.

Seems like you would want air flowing over your hard drives to keep them cool...or am I wrong?

Also, do these have those hard drive rails or whatever that make it really easy to remove/install hard drives?

hard drives in the pc-61 are mounted sideways in the tray. Also, the two internal 3.5 inch cages are both removable.

Use the bottom rack for your hard drives, there is PLENTY of room for the airflow unless you're sticking 3 or especially 4-5 drives down there. And keeping your drives cool promotes a longer lifespan, which is a good thing since they are one of the most failure prone components. :cool:

Guys, the Lian Li Cases are *very* nice cases. I have a PC-82 that I bought a year or so back, and have been nothing but impressed with them. Mine has two fans front, two fans rear, and a fan on the top to blow air out as well. He lower cage is the main plce to put your high RPM drives, and these *do not* use HD rails (I noticed that question earlier). You will need to screw the drives to the cages themselves, but its easily done since all the HD cages are removable. The lower cage removes from the side, the middle cage removes from the front. All are tacked down via thumb screws, so they're easy to get at. The motherboard tray is also removable as well, so MB installation is a breeze. The front removes easily...ehhh, You just about can't go wrong getting one.

Summary: This is the best case I've bought in my life, and I can just about bet you'll be pleased with one!

The estimated life span on a WD Raptor is a 1 000 000 hours, that's way more than you'll live.

DSC01309.sized.jpg

PC-82 has my vote.

I have the lian li 61b. It simply KICKS ASS. I got like 10C drop in temps from my Antec 1040b.

The hard drive go sidways and its easier to have access to the jumpers and all. Just buy it. Totally worth it !

My computer and server case:
sexy_upgrade.jpg

Inside view:
computer_4.jpg

hard drive fun
computers_cleaned_up.jpg

These are some of the picrues from my webpage and are a tad outdated.

The 82 has an extra rear fan so you don't have to drill another one. And it has :cool:'er trim on the front

Get one that has a model number >=60, because the lower numbered ones do not have removable mobo trays and some have cheaper plastic bezels.

Didn't know the -82 had that, wish my -86 had come with that... I thought they were the same models except silver vs black, i've got the trim you're talking about, sweet eh?

Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
I have a TT case now but I'd like to have this Lian-Li I wan't full tower cases they look cool!

just dont buy it there...can anyone spell...RIPOFF!

best place to buy LianLi is so-trickcomputers.com

they have the same PC75b for 60 bucks cheaper....
http://www.so-trickcomputers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LL75B&Category_Code=LLC

ohh yea and they leave the case alone...my buddie bougt his from frozen and half the thumb screws were missings...funny because they sell thumb screws for lianlis too....stupid frozencpu.com

Originally posted by Vertigo Acid
Get one that has a model number >=60, because the lower numbered ones do not have removable mobo trays and some have cheaper plastic bezels.

Didn't know the -82 had that, wish my -86 had come with that... I thought they were the same models except silver vs black, i've got the trim you're talking about, sweet eh?

You have to be careful though. Some of the -82's rolling around do not have the removeable motherboard tray.

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
just dont buy it there...can anyone spell...RIPOFF!

best place to buy LianLi is so-trickcomputers.com

they have the same PC75b for 60 bucks cheaper....
http://www.so-trickcomputers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LL75B&Category_Code=LLC

ohh yea and they leave the case alone...my buddie bougt his from frozen and half the thumb screws were missings...funny because they sell thumb screws for lianlis too....stupid frozencpu.com

Well I just linked it I'm not gonna buy there. I'll prolly get one from
newegg or other stores I know they have low quality service and kind
of overpriced

ohh ok, :)

I have ordered 2 cases from so-trick, my only complaint is there not as fast as newegg...but ohh well everything eles was great, i would recoument them to anyone.

Back