• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lian Li quality control slipping?

Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
5
This is a brand new, less than a week old Lian Li PC-Q25B bought from Newegg. The QC stickers are labeled March 14 2012.

I don't know if it's just me being too picky but I personally didn't like what I saw after opening a brand new box and taking the side panels off the case.

Every single notch (first pic) where the side panel stands pop into had a scuff. Both side panels had random scratches/marks down to bare metal as well.

Here are just a few of the many pics I took:

IMG_0475-1.jpg

IMG_0482-3.jpg

IMG_0485-5.jpg

IMG_0487-7.jpg

IMG_0497-15.jpg

IMG_0502-18.jpg

IMG_0509-23.jpg
 
You aren't being picky. I wouldn't want to see those marks either. I wonder if they resold an open box by mistake maybe? It's nothing too crazy, but you wouldn't expect a brand new case to have marks like that.
 
That is because NewEgg sold you an item as new that someone else already opened and returned. Technically these are called "open box" in the English language...but this is NewEgg, and they thought they could gey away with it.

NOT LianLi's fault IMHO.
 
how often do you look at the inside of your case panels?

It looks like it got knocked around to shit by the carrier, if it was on the exterior of the case I would see why you are blaming lian li, but I just don't see it.
 
Yes all marks are in the interior.

The only thing that could be moving around on the inside are the cables for the power switch/led and that piece of brown paper. The box of screws/hardware is secured by a zip tie around the hdd rack.

I can't really blame shipping because each one of those pressure mounts where the side panel snaps into is scuffed. It's as if the person installing the mounts was either in a rush or just didn't care. So even if NewEgg sold me an "open box", it doesn't justify the quality control of the case UNLESS whoever had this case prior (assuming it's an open box) took a screwdriver and purposely scratched each and every one of those mounts (really unlikely).

I don't look inside the case aside from when it's being built and cleaning. It's just a bit of a disappointment after buying a few of their cases in the past that were all flawless in terms of quality/finish.
 
It doesn't happen all that often, but pushing out hundreds of the same product day after day, a lemon will eventually get through the pipeline. It's just a matter of odds. I'd have to agree with Skripka on this one, though. Don't think it was really the fault of Lian Li, IMO. I've owned several Lian Li cases, including the PC-V354 SFF I currently have my gaming rig in, an every one of them (6 in total), have been absolutely flawless.
 
Back
Top