• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lian Li PC61 mobo try cut wrong?

LiquidX

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
3,786
I just bought a PC61 and after looking over it for a couple hours and trying another case I have come to the conclusion the mobo tray is cut wrong. No card I put in the AGP or PCI slot will seat firmly. The tray it seems brings the mobo down to low so it doesn't having any clearence to fully seat. I would have to bend my cards for it to fit which I wont do. Anyone have any ideas or had this problem? WTF over a $100 for this case and I cant fit my cards in it. Is it possible to RMA case?
 
netcoord said:
taller standoffs?
Ive never encountered this problem make sure ur seating the cards correctly....if u still have problems contact the place or person u purchased it from
 
It turns out that problem is that I am an idiot. I put in the clip and the instructions said wait for the snap. Well they did snap so I thought they went as for as they could go. After calling up for a RMA which I got and looking over that case again I just couldnt let if go. So I tried again and looked on th net for pictures and notice the clips had to be pushed all way up. Man what a good looking case and you can pretty mush hide all teh wires with ease. Still had to bend my sound card but it fites all the way down now. Oops! :p
 
Dang Dood, I have 3 Lian Li's and I dont know what everybody is talking about, that things dont line up. I even have a mac motherboard in one of the cases and everything lines up. The much maligned clips are a little tricky, but not that tricky.....
 
I've NEVER had any real issues with either of my Lian-Li PC6x cases I've owned. You also have to take into account though that very few cases are actually built 100% perfectly anyways.....just my opinion anyways.
 
Back
Top