It's been a long time since I've even messed with a computer outside work much less hardware related.
I'm swapping out my case for one of these V351's and have a gigabyte mobo on the way as well. In my experience with sff cases, they have all pretty much overheated and killed drives which kinda made me wonder about this one.
1. Is the cooling solution used in this case sufficient to keep everything cool? I play games once a month and aside from that it's an internet surfing multimedia machine thats hooked to my 51" Bravia LCD TV.
I have;
- 2 1.5TB drives
- 1 SATA DVD drive
- 1 dual slot video card (the kind that exhausts hot air out the back)
- 1 pci soundcard (which I might not use since the mobo comes with one built in)
2. Would anyone suggest swapping out some of the fans inside? I hvae a couple spare 80's and 120's laying around that are Antec I believe and adjustable on speed. I'm trying to keep the noise down this time as my machine now sounds like a leaf blower.
3. Has anyone had any problems with the case at all? Quality case? It arrives this afternoon.
4. Aftermarket heatsinks that will fit? I currently have the stock fan and the mounts are kinda hokey and dont hold down the heatsink all that well.
Thanks
Jake
I'm swapping out my case for one of these V351's and have a gigabyte mobo on the way as well. In my experience with sff cases, they have all pretty much overheated and killed drives which kinda made me wonder about this one.
1. Is the cooling solution used in this case sufficient to keep everything cool? I play games once a month and aside from that it's an internet surfing multimedia machine thats hooked to my 51" Bravia LCD TV.
I have;
- 2 1.5TB drives
- 1 SATA DVD drive
- 1 dual slot video card (the kind that exhausts hot air out the back)
- 1 pci soundcard (which I might not use since the mobo comes with one built in)
2. Would anyone suggest swapping out some of the fans inside? I hvae a couple spare 80's and 120's laying around that are Antec I believe and adjustable on speed. I'm trying to keep the noise down this time as my machine now sounds like a leaf blower.
3. Has anyone had any problems with the case at all? Quality case? It arrives this afternoon.
4. Aftermarket heatsinks that will fit? I currently have the stock fan and the mounts are kinda hokey and dont hold down the heatsink all that well.
Thanks
Jake