Lian Li PC-V1200B

dextr3k

Gawd
Hey guys, I've been pouring over info and reviews for the past bit, trying to decide on a case. Money really isn't an issue here, so looking over the most popular cases, Cosmos S, Stacker, Antec P182, 900/1200, TJ-07, even the NXZT thingy, I've basically decided on the Lian Li V1200B due to these points:

-Bottom mounted PSU
-Reverse ATX design
-Good airflow/design
-Spacious (Need room for SLi and my Scythe Ninja)
-Overall sleek design.

Now I just want to ask some questions, for people who own this case and people who wanted this case but went for something else. Is there anything I'm overlooking? A better case for cheaper? Any downfalls to this case at all? And what accessories I need to get with this case?

I wont be going watercooling, so no need to mod anything =).

I have the larger sibling of the V1200, the V2000. Its a great case, nice strong side panels and solid aluminum construction. The only problem is a really large cooler like the TRUE sits horizontally. Other than that, everything about that case is awesome.

hmmm is there a clearance problem at the bottom? I have the ninja, which is 11x11x15, whereas the true seems to be 6.3x13x16, so it is wider.

I guess the question is, does the 2cm difference make it fit?

hmmm is there a clearance problem at the bottom? I have the ninja, which is 11x11x15, whereas the true seems to be 6.3x13x16, so it is wider.

I guess the question is, does the 2cm difference make it fit?
Yeah pretty much all other coolers will fit in the V1200 no problem. Even the TRUE fits, but it just needs to be mounted different.

The V1200 is still the best case Lian Li ever made. Its deep without being overly tall and intrusive, no need to go with a V2000 type unless you need a bunch of hard drives. TONS of room to put watercooling and large PSU's. Mid tower height with the depth of a full tower, best combo for a case ever.

Hmmm, I was looking over, the V1000 seems to be just about the same? but with a window, its a bit shorter but overall same design...I might go with that if they really are the same...

The V1000 is basically the same case without the extra depth of the V1200. My V1200 came with a window and performance-pcs.com sells them.

^
Unfortunately situated in Canada. Performance-pcs ship to canada, but at a premium.
I have only a few options to purchase lianli cases, locally and domestically. Pretty much stock only for me =)

Only thing I don't like is the lack of a windowed side being easily available for purchase ala v1000.

The 1200 is 3" longer than the 1200... Allowing for a larger PSU (assuming you don't remove the PSU divider...) and easily a triple radiator on the top.

I have the V1200B and it's a great case. The things I'm missing are vibration dampers for the HDDs and a removable motherboard tray, but it's still a good case. I have a Ninja installed and it fits nicely.

You can remove one of the HDD "racks" if you need more room for the PSU.

Yeah pretty much all other coolers will fit in the V1200 no problem. Even the TRUE fits, but it just needs to be mounted different.

Yeah, with the TRUE, the heat just gets trapped between the center divider and the HSF...I tried putting a high CFM fan for the rear exhaust to help the issue, but it didn't really and my temps stayed kind of high (just moved to a v1010 and temps dropped 10c on all cores). Also, if you're using a 680i board, a TRUE and reverse ATX, you'll need a slim 120mm fan for the TRUE as a taller 120mm fan won't fit between the northbridge cooler and the HSF itself.

Yeah, with the TRUE, the heat just gets trapped between the center divider and the HSF...I tried putting a high CFM fan for the rear exhaust to help the issue, but it didn't really and my temps stayed kind of high (just moved to a v1010 and temps dropped 10c on all cores). Also, if you're using a 680i board, a TRUE and reverse ATX, you'll need a slim 120mm fan for the TRUE as a taller 120mm fan won't fit between the northbridge cooler and the HSF itself.
I'm not sure about that. I have a TRUE with a panaflo 38mm H1 installed in my V2000. It cools perfectly. I have the side fan blowing into the case, the rear fan is blowing out, and the CPU fan blows down.

My temps were up past 65c (idol was high 40's, low 50's depending on the day) using the prime small FFT test running only at 3.0ghz. I haven't run prime with the new case yet but my idol temps are sitting at mid 30s now. Now I didn't have a side fan (still don't) so that could have made some difference in your case..and my v1100 had a lot less room than your v2000 and the airflow in the v1100 stinks on ice (I wanted silent at the time I got it..).

Reseating the HSF may have helped too, but when I pulled the TRUE off the proc, the AS5 was pretty well distributed across the heatspreader. So I dunno.

I saw the new v1010, anyone have any insight on why all the new V series cases are moved back to rightside up? reverse atx was what caught my eye in the first place....

"Today’s motherboards using heat pipe solution to solve the heating problem, therefore the all new V series change the motherboard back to up-right position, and there are opening on he motherboard tray allow to air to cool the rear of the motherboard." - Lian Li website.

My ninja is a square, there is no "mounting it differently" hehe. I might decide to have a push pull config with the rear fan.

"Today’s motherboards using heat pipe solution to solve the heating problem, therefore the all new V series change the motherboard back to up-right position, and there are opening on he motherboard tray allow to air to cool the rear of the motherboard." - Lian Li website.

Lian-Li is a little late on this one, that problem with heat pipes has been fixed since the first V-Series was released. Most current heat pipe heat sinks can be oriented any way you want (given space constraints).

Going back to a standard ATX design (w/ bottom mounted PSU and divider) has caused some wire routing issues with the 8-pin motherboard power cable...also could use a 24-pin extender to allow better routing for that cable.

My ninja is a square, there is no "mounting it differently" hehe. I might decide to have a push pull config with the rear fan.

Then that's definitely not an issue for you :)

Going back to a standard ATX design (w/ bottom mounted PSU and divider) has caused some wire routing issues with the 8-pin motherboard power cable...also could use a 24-pin extender to allow better routing for that cable.

I've seen some cable routing threads on here where the guy managed to route the 8pin beneath the front of the video cards and run it straight up through the side. I hope I have enough cable slack for that, hehe.

On the 1200, you'll be running the cable along the bottom of the divider, underneath the HSF, so you should be fine there. I'm going to try to run it behind the card, that would be much better than how I have it, but I really don't have much slack as is, the cable is pretty taught going over the side of the vidcard and then up between the exhaust fan and the HSF...which is ugly lol!

Back