Lian-Li PC-V1000Z Questions

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
I'm considering on purchasing the PC-V1000Z. I just want to find out a few things.

1. The height of the case is 490mm, but is that with the caster wheels? Anyways I would like to remove them and install regular feet. Would I have to drill anything or will they just screw in. Any suggestions on what feet?

2. How is the cooling with this case? It only has 2 fans + the VGA fan which I'm thinking of taking out. It just doesn't look right in front of the window.

3. I would like to run a water cooling setup one day. Is this a good case for that? What water setup would you recommend for this particular case?

4. I have read that some hardware is missing with these cases. Has this been sorted out by Lian-Li?

If anyone has this case can you post pics especially if it's water cooled.

Thanks

I have v1000b, fwiw.

I do believe height is measured with casters. They can be removed with eight screws. Next feet can be installed using these holes, no modding is required (depending on wich feet you buy). I use these:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=21105

case has two fans not including optional fans. One is in front of the hard drives the other at rear.

If you don't want to lose any functionality, there are much better (easier) cases to water cool than this. The TJ-07, is a very nice case that would be easy to cool and comes with nice feet already... however I just can't get past those crazy (ugly) vents on the side of the case.

No hardware was missing from any of the past three Lian Li cases I've bought.

Not what you asked for, but maybe it will help in some way... mine:

bigpower.jpg

did you paint the inside of the case yourself? what did you use?

to op, i also have never had any missing pieces either. the height is measured with the wheels definitely. there are a lot of better cases for wc, there isnt much room to work with in the case. the cooling is unusual - the fan by the cpu is intake, and the side panel fan is exhaust. lian li is not big on top mounted fans, either. the front fan blows straight back over the drives and thru the psu. if your psu is the slightest bit large (mine is only a 650 mushkin) you have to remove the middle hdd rack. altho by now you might be able to get an extended psu bracket. the silver v1000 plus 2 is on sale at newegg for $139, the only difference from the v1000z is the mainboard is upside-down. thats like $160 less than the v1000z.

2438579069_0f55264aae.jpg

2438467295_3a44d6e113.jpg

as you can see it gets a little cramped in there quickly.

Heres how i used the space in my v1000

IMG_0020.jpg

Since this pic,i have put a xspc razor copper/acetal block on my 4850,and switched to a t-line setup.

loop.jpg

did you paint the inside of the case yourself? what did you use?

I did paint the inside, and polished the divider (obdviously).

I think I made a thread about the process. I ended up using the cheapest paint WalMart had to offer, at ~0.97c ea., and applying it properly.
The panel was polished by wetsanding to get the 'grain' out in steps from 600 finishing at 2500. The buffed with a high rpm, pneumatic polisher.

Back