Lian-Li PC-V1000 Users: is your front fan much louder than the rear fan?

This is for people with a Lian-Li PC-V1000. For some reason my front case fan is much louder than the rear one. I don't think it is a matter of something wrong with the fan (there aren't any odd noises or anything), but the front fan just seems to spin at a much higher RPM. Is there any way to slow it down? Or is there some molex to motherboard fan connector so I can connect it to my motherboard (it has 2 chassis fan headers).

Thanks!

Well, you could either just switch the front fan with the black fan, that would make it quieter. If you want to connect it to the motherboard and make it quieter, no go :) The mobo fan headers only have +12v and +0v. To make the fan spin more queitly you need to connect the earth wire to the +5v line on a molex connector, this will cause the fan to spin at +7v, making it quieter.

EDIT: Reading the modding FAQ before you ask questions wouldn't be a bad idea either ;)

i can't hear any difference between the 2 fans and both of them are really quiet. :confused:

I planted my pump for watercooling in the front bay of my 2000, placed the hdd in the front 5.25" bays for watercooling block, and disconnected the front fan all together. All the other fans (I added two 120mm blowholes to the top as well) are silent because they are on an aerogate 1. Maybe the proximity is the reason that you think the front fan is so much louder...if you flipped it around maybe you would think different and the back fan would now be the loud one. If nothing else, get a fan controller and turn it down a little.

Thanks for the replies. Ok quick question, does your front fan only 2 wires coming out of it connected to a 4 pin molex plug, or does it use a standard 3 pin fan plug? Because mine only has 2 wires coming out of the fan and is connected to a 4 pin molex plug.

Oh, I suppose I should have mentioned that I replaced mine...oops. I was tired last night.

Back