• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lian Li PC-V1000 & TRUE?

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
1,565
Just put my i7 setup together today and am on it now running Windows 7. This is my 1st build, ever...

Has an issue though with the Thermalright Ultra 120.

I'm using an EVGA x58 motherboard and it seems the TRUE doesn't fit vertically with the motherboard and case. Just not enough room :-(

I have it mounted horizontally right now. Its a very tight fit with the northbridge cooler on one side and the RAM slots on the other. I'm only running 6GB of RAM (3x2GB) right now. If I was to run 12, though, I don't think it would fit becasue the TRUE edge is right over the last slot.

Any suggestions to get it to fit in the case vertically?

Thanks!
 
I know with mine the TRUE actually rests on the bottom, I'm not sure about the socket placement of yours in comparison to mine though.
 
Might be a stupd question but is the CPU socket in different spots on various motherboards?
 
some x58 boards have offset cpu sockets.. general rule from intel is that its suppose to line up with the memory sockets.. but some manufactures have been moving the socks either higher or lower then recommended by intel..
 
I'm gonna order a Xigmatek S-1283 and give that a try. Based on the dimension it looks like it will fit with about 5mm to spare.

Too bad the TRUE doesn't fit. Just need about 5 mm more :-(

Only option would be to notch the divider just above the power supply and I don't want to do that.
 
thats too bad. the TRUE is a great cooler. hopefully you can sell it and not see too much of a loss. yu never can tell just by specs if a hsf is gonna work with a certain mobo/case. just too many variables... :(
 
Back
Top