• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lian-li PC-Q36

It features ATX PSUs, not only SFX. Still that doesn't bring the case anywhere close to looking good.
 
I like it, because it offers something special that is rarely done: a case you can completely disassemble with a screwdriver. It's nice to see them finally taking note that GPU's also need PCIe power connectors and room for their cables, so a normal mainstream card can now actually fit without issue. I like the design, except for the slim ODD drive cutout.
 
Remove the windows and the ODD... It's 2014 and I'm not 15 anymore!
 
I like them. I like the matx model better but that's just me.
 
I was wondering how Lian-Li managed to develop a PC-V3xx case (and this smaller one) without fumbling up badly. Apparently the design department still lacks basic PC building skills.
 
According to this image, it looks like the GPU fans will sit too low to pull air in. Am I seeing this correctly?

Seriously weird. The only reason I can think of is they made the left and right panels exchangeable to save cost. Any fans placed on the GPU side looks like they will block the GPU, so why should they put fan mountings there?
 
The thing that gets me is that the GPU fans are sandwhiched against the left side of the case. Terrible airflow and it amplifies the noise. I'd love to see a ITX board that places the slot on the opposite end of the board. It would improve both aspects.
 
It's not terrible, you don't want the cooling on the inside of the motherboard, to limit the motherboard's options and the CPU cooling. You also want the GPU cooler to be on the outside of the motherboard "zone" like it is with every mITX, because that way you can create a different zone for your GPU. I really don't see how it could improve anything.
 
Back
Top