Lian-Li PC-Q25

I used only the SATA connectors and left the Molex empty. Works just fine and I'm sure it would the other way around too.

I am pretty happy someone resurrected this thread. I bought this case about 3 months ago for $30 on sale after rebate and just bought the processor, psu, and a couple of drives. I am going to need some guidance on cpu coolers and motherboards possibly.

So far I have an Intel 4790k, an Antec CS450M, and of course the PC-Q25 case. Any recommendations on cpu coolers? I am still debating an Asus or Gigabyte board for different merits I just need to build this thing and finally run Plex and VM's on a dedicated machine.

ncase > this, but this is pretty dang close in line.

I hear ya. I was very close to getting an M1 for a personal build but the drive potential isn't even close to the Q25. This is going to be for a server, not a single user machine.

I do contemplate building a beautiful M1 lan box to this day, though...

I have a problem regarding the hard drive cage. It is supposed to hold 5 drives and I realised when the middle drive is filled my computer wouldn't startup. It has got nothing to do with the sata cables behind behind because plugging them out has the same outcome. I am confused about how the power is routed on the board for the drive cage though. Does all power sockets need to be plugged in? Or just a total of 4 to power up all 5 drives?

I have a problem regarding the hard drive cage. It is supposed to hold 5 drives and I realised when the middle drive is filled my computer wouldn't startup. It has got nothing to do with the sata cables behind behind because plugging them out has the same outcome. I am confused about how the power is routed on the board for the drive cage though. Does all power sockets need to be plugged in? Or just a total of 4 to power up all 5 drives?

I am a little confused. There should only be 3 power hookups total. Depending on what model you have, 3 molex or 3 sata. Or 3 of a mix in each position if that makes sense.

Back