Lian Li PC-Q09FB.. so close

updawg

Gawd
I think this case was so close to being the perfect SFF case. If it was just an inch wider and supported a full height graphics card I would without a doubt buy this case. Does anyone else agree?

All they had to do was swap the power supply to the opposite side and move the mother board position over and extend the case an inch wider and we would have the perfect case. I know the included power supply is not enough for a discrete graphics card but with the Seasonic 250 or the Forton 270 80+ no one would care.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2293&cm_re=itx_lian_li-_-11-112-293-_-Product

It is a dumb mini tower, try fitting that in a normal entertainment unit. I agree the PSU is too small but it is just a basic 1U that can be replaced. And I know the unit is to small for graphical space that is why I said it was so close to being a great case. If they just widened the case and put a full height graphics slot people would buy this case like crazy.

Nahh.. The footprint on the q09 is already bigger then the q11's.. & your talking about making it even bigger. You might as well at that point look into one of the sg05 style cases..

q09 10.43 x 7.87
q11 10.24 x 7.87

But the mini tower is placed vertical whereas the q09 is horizontal, you always have more horizontal room in an entertainment unit then vertical.

It would need to be taller as well, to accommodate a standard size card. Or is that what you meant by wider?

no, I meant horizontally wider, by how much would they have to make it taller vertically to fit a full size card?

But the mini tower is placed vertical whereas the q09 is horizontal, you always have more horizontal room in an entertainment unit then vertical.

Right & in my entertainment setup I hate putting anything less then 17" wide in it because basically everything is between 17" & 19" so then they stack.. This case wouldn't stack well with shit. If you want small for an entertainment setup that can hole a full heigth card look for the rebadged silverstone on ebay.. Its like 40 bucks & then you will need a riser, but it looks good & is cheap. You can also get your slim optical fromt hem too.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I had no idea about this case, looks great! It just seems that there are so many atx and micro atx home theater cases and then all mini itx cases are just towers or cubes.

I had no idea about this case, looks great! It just seems that there are so many atx and micro atx home theater cases and then all mini itx cases are just towers or cubes.

Uhmmm no.. I dont think so at all.. The Antec ISK 300 series are technically desktop & there tiny.. Plus if you look at minibox.com or whatever that web sight is they have a shit ton of mITX cases that are very small desktop FF.. What is normally talked about here tends to be cube or tower yes, but here there is a high concentration of gamers & when dealing with long video cards you can pretty much only put it in a cube or tower, or it would be the same size as a micro atx desktop anyway..

What you are referring to are those car computer cases which pretty much are a non interest here. The most popular cases here are the q07, q08, q11, sg05, sg06, sg07 and the anticipation of the new itx case from lan-gear.

However, I think some people would appreciate a case close to that of an antec isk series with a full height graphics card or a dual half height slot. I just don't think manufactures have anything in that market at the moment is all that I was complaining about.

no, I meant horizontally wider, by how much would they have to make it taller vertically to fit a full size card?

From the very end of the bracket to the top edge of the card is about 127mm, according to the PCIe specification. Add at least 15-20mm to that if you want to be able to plug in PCIe power cables into the edge of the card. So at minimum, you're looking at 150mm. This case is only 124mm tall, some of which is probably the feet. On top of that, the motherboard is raised off the case floor to make room for the drives below it, which is going to raise the any PCIe cards up with it. Add another 15mm (at least).

So you'd be looking at probably 165-170mm tall, in total, some 45mm taller than it is. That's close to two inches, in case you don't speak metric.

Anyway, that Silverstone looks like it might fit your bill eh?

What you are referring to are those car computer cases which pretty much are a non interest here. The most popular cases here are the q07, q08, q11, sg05, sg06, sg07 and the anticipation of the new itx case from lan-gear.

However, I think some people would appreciate a case close to that of an antec isk series with a full height graphics card or a dual half height slot. I just don't think manufactures have anything in that market at the moment is all that I was complaining about.

So if someone made a case like the isk 300, except it supported full height graphics it would then be a bloody cube.. & a double half height is about as worthless as tits on a boar hog.. While there are some that could be used for minimal gaming.. There are none that I would call a gaming card.

Back