Lian-Li PC-Q02

Damn these new ITX cases from Lian Li are significantly smaller! I like =P. They've had very little competition in this space, glad to see they're still pushing regardless. I've used a pc-q07 before and love the standing look. The longer horizontal stuff I got over a long time ago.

I always said those cases were kind of overkill having to take into account full sized PSU's and even optical drives (yuck). Using slim drives helps! Though in a perfect world, they'd make some without any (who still uses those things =P). SFX PSU's feels like a perfect fit... Actually no.

For these cases with little to no room for a graphics card, and only a SSD/HDD or two, they should still use smaller, maybe flex atx? Those are neat, and seasonic has a gold one that is super quiet. For the ones that allow for a graphics card, they should encourage SFX, as 300-450 is plenty for what would actually fit in there. I like their offering with an included PSU, them not being another price gouge, but actually a way to save.

Lastly, that popular ASRock ITX board, can anyone tell me if the mSATA takes the place of one of the other SATA ports when used? Or is it possible to have the mSATA + 4 other drives?

Damn these new ITX cases from Lian Li are significantly smaller! I like =P. They've had very little competition in this space, glad to see they're still pushing regardless. I've used a pc-q07 before and love the standing look. The longer horizontal stuff I got over a long time ago.

I always said those cases were kind of overkill having to take into account full sized PSU's and even optical drives (yuck). Using slim drives helps! Though in a perfect world, they'd make some without any (who still uses those things =P). SFX PSU's feels like a perfect fit... Actually no.

For these cases with little to no room for a graphics card, and only a SSD/HDD or two, they should still use smaller, maybe flex atx? Those are neat, and seasonic has a gold one that is super quiet. For the ones that allow for a graphics card, they should encourage SFX, as 300-450 is plenty for what would actually fit in there. I like their offering with an included PSU, them not being another price gouge, but actually a way to save.

Lastly, that popular ASRock ITX board, can anyone tell me if the mSATA takes the place of one of the other SATA ports when used? Or is it possible to have the mSATA + 4 other drives?

All five SATA slots are listed in bios as separate slots. I'll hook up my other two drive some time this week and tell you definitively, but I don't think they overlap.

Hi,
I´m using mSATA set in slot on back side of ASRock Z77E-ITX MB, instaled OS W7, additionally 2x SSD and 1x OBD, Sony, on SATA connectors, no any troubels obesrved using them at all,
as per ASRock Z77E-ITX spec. there are:
2x SATA 3GB/s
2x SATA 6 GB/s
1x mSATA 3GB/s

Does anybody use CIR header on this MB?

regards vienna1

This is my build :D
http://icecaramel.imgur.com/

2J79f.jpg

IkOnW.jpg

HB6LC.jpg

3GK6f.jpg