• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lian-Li PC-P50 Owners Thread

kiger

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
71
Figured I would start a thread up for PC-P50 owners. There is a good bit of room in the case but it is clearly no full tower. It would be cool to see some SLI pics if any of you guys have some.

Shots
Front: http://www.imagebam.com/image/0bb02075401416
Inside: http://www.imagebam.com/image/9afcf175401419

Specs
Lian-Li PC-P50 (w/Scythe "E") + 2 x EX-322N (w/Scythe "E") + EX-H22S (w/Nexus)
i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHZ w/HT ON at 1.31875v and 77c under full load 24/7
Asus P6X58D / Noctua NH-D14
6GB Corsair 8-8-8-24
Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 Rev.2
LSI SAS Controller
Seagate Savvio 2x146gb 10k & 1x73GB 15k
Azuntech Forte

Thoughts
I really like the case. I previously had a FT02 but I couldn't fit hot-swap bays in it due to the 180mm depth restriction on the 5.25 bays. I was able to fit my EX-H22S (hotswap) in here fine but I had to move it to the top because it was pushing against the motherboard power connector which was pushing against my ram and causing many BSOD. I agree it looks kind of funky with the DVD drive below it but oh well, no big deal.

Aside from that, I could not be more content with the case. The thermals are amazing. It has two 120mm fans pushing across both HDD cadges and the ATI card and a 80mm fan pulling across the hotswap cadge. I also was very impressed with the quick-release tabs for the PCI brackets. They do a great job of holding in my cards and are much easier than screws. On a different note, I noticed that if I were to go SLI then I would be forced to only use one HDD cadge as the other would be to close to the second video card. This would still leave me with five internal HDDs if you include the two in the hot-swap cadge.
 
Last edited:
So you switched from an ft02 to that thing just because you want to use your hot swap bays?
 
So you switched from an ft02 to that thing just because you want to use your hot swap bays?

No, that was 50% of the reason. The other 50% was because my SAS drives, even though they are 2.5", were around 44c under full load. In the PC-P50 they are around 30c under full load.

Those reasons may seem silly to you but regarding the hot-swap, that is a feature I critically need. I could have picked up an external hot-swap cadge for around $130 but I don't want to haul it around and I figured if I am already going to be forced to spend another hundred bucks, why not sell my FT02 and get a case that can handle a hot-swap cadge? Regardless of what I chose, the price would be the same.
 
No, that was 50% of the reason. The other 50% was because my SAS drives, even though they are 2.5", were around 44c under full load. In the PC-P50 they are around 30c under full load.

Those reasons may seem silly to you but regarding the hot-swap, that is a feature I critically need. I could have picked up an external hot-swap cadge for around $130 but I don't want to haul it around and I figured if I am already going to be forced to spend another hundred bucks, why not sell my FT02 and get a case that can handle a hot-swap cadge? Regardless of what I chose, the price would be the same.

Oh..was just wondering cause the FT02 is a pretty nice case now that I have it...though it could use a tiny bit more room.

Hope you enjoy that Lian Li...they make good stuff. But keep on eye out on those ventilated drive bay covers. They get very dusty.
 
Oh..was just wondering cause the FT02 is a pretty nice case now that I have it...though it could use a tiny bit more room.

Hope you enjoy that Lian Li...they make good stuff. But keep on eye out on those ventilated drive bay covers. They get very dusty.

Yeah those vented covers are a pain in the PC-P50. Also, regarding the FT02, if you check out the FT02 thread I posted pics and instructions to make the filtering better and used some 120mm fans in place of the 180mm fans.

I really liked the FT02. I just wish it could fit drives up to 200mm and had a little extra room behind the MB tray to hide the cables. Aside from that, the only other thing I did not like about the FT02 was that I had trouble hiding my power cables behind the case because it made it difficult to reach to drives because my cables were not long enough.
 
Last edited:
Didn't see that thread; nice. I don't really consider my case a mod but I'll put it there anyway.
 
Oh..was just wondering cause the FT02 is a pretty nice case now that I have it...though it could use a tiny bit more room.

Hope you enjoy that Lian Li...they make good stuff. But keep on eye out on those ventilated drive bay covers. They get very dusty.

WTF, you don't have the 800D anymore? WOW:eek:
 
WTF, you don't have the 800D anymore? WOW:eek:

yeah, well. Nothing to do with the 800D. Well yeah, but it's weird. It broke my desk. It's too heavy. So I had to go to Ikea and buy another desk like the one I owned (favorite one) and decided to give the 800D to my cousin. FT02 is much lighter than it that is for sure. It still is a little plain looking but looks better in real life.

Thing is what other cases were there to get? Lian Li is now making full aluminum thermaltrash cases, and they discontinued their V series cases. Though their cases are great, but still.

The FT02 was basically the only choice when it came to a mix of good cooling/features/build quality and not looking like a case that came from outer-space.

The 800D and FT02 are basically the best cases on the market...
 
yeah, well. Nothing to do with the 800D. Well yeah, but it's weird. It broke my desk. It's too heavy. So I had to go to Ikea and buy another desk like the one I owned (favorite one) and decided to give the 800D to my cousin. FT02 is much lighter than it that is for sure. It still is a little plain looking but looks better in real life.

Thing is what other cases were there to get? Lian Li is now making full aluminum thermaltrash cases, and they discontinued their V series cases. Though their cases are great, but still.

The FT02 was basically the only choice when it came to a mix of good cooling/features/build quality and not looking like a case that came from outer-space.

The 800D and FT02 are basically the best cases on the market...

Dude... tell me you took a picture of the broken desk. Having a picture of that would be so awesome. I hope it was not an expensive desk but still, wow that is a beast of a case then!
 
Dude... tell me you took a picture of the broken desk. Having a picture of that would be so awesome. I hope it was not an expensive desk but still, wow that is a beast of a case then!

no pics. And no. It's a 60 dollar ikea desk, but I like it. 800D is a beast.....it at least weighed over 90 pounds with all my stuff in it.
 
yeah, well. Nothing to do with the 800D. Well yeah, but it's weird. It broke my desk. It's too heavy. So I had to go to Ikea and buy another desk like the one I owned (favorite one) and decided to give the 800D to my cousin. FT02 is much lighter than it that is for sure. It still is a little plain looking but looks better in real life.

Thing is what other cases were there to get? Lian Li is now making full aluminum thermaltrash cases, and they discontinued their V series cases. Though their cases are great, but still.

The FT02 was basically the only choice when it came to a mix of good cooling/features/build quality and not looking like a case that came from outer-space.

The 800D and FT02 are basically the best cases on the market...

I agree, it came down to the FT02 and 800D for me also. Getting an IKEA Galant in black later today off CL for $130.
It can support about 130lbs. so the FT02 is better to have on the desk. I'm sure your desk was rated under 100lbs.
Your picture in the Workstation thread is cutoff for some reason.

I don't have pictures of my P50R anymore, I would have posted them.
 
I agree, it came down to the FT02 and 800D for me also. Getting an IKEA Galant in black later today off CL for $130.
It can support about 130lbs. so the FT02 is better to have on the desk. I'm sure your desk was rated under 100lbs.
Your picture in the Workstation thread is cutoff for some reason.

I don't have pictures of my P50R anymore, I would have posted them.

You are talking about the wood ones right in black/brown? They are nice and I was going to get those until I saw the black glass galant desks. The price is $230 with legs and the frame; I don't know what the wood one costs with legs and a frame too but check it out. The only downside is you have to dust every day. Here are some shots of three of the glass ones in the office.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7683/70147067.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8559/36715627.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9262/50121133.jpg
 
Last edited:
You are talking about the wood ones right in black/brown? They are nice and I was going to get those until I saw the black glass galant desks. The price is $230 with legs and the frame; I don't know what the wood one costs with legs and a frame too but check it out. The only downside is you have to dust every day. Here are some shots of three of the glass ones in the office.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7683/70147067.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8559/36715627.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9262/50121133.jpg

wow that desk is nice...
 
Back
Top