LIAN LI PC-O12WX

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Does anyone know much about the LIAN LI PC-O12WX case please? Does anyone own it ?

Can't find any reviews.

I wouldn't spend 3 or 400$ on that case.
Unless there's something in it that's miraculous, I would pick up a number of other cases for around 200$ way sooner, that IMO look better, and are known quantities in terms of functionality and abilities.

I wouldn't spend 3 or 400$ on that case.
Unless there's something in it that's miraculous, I would pick up a number of other cases for around 200$ way sooner, that IMO look better, and are known quantities in terms of functionality and abilities.

I agree that is why I am getting it on sale.

I would wait for Computex. Maybe Lian Li will have more info on it, and maybe have a build or two you can look at. I saw this and was tying to figure it out. It looks cool, I hope it performs well.

I would wait for Computex. Maybe Lian Li will have more info on it, and maybe have a build or two you can look at. I saw this and was tying to figure it out. It looks cool, I hope it performs well.

Thanks. I will email Lian-Li a few questions about it.

Thanks.

Which Lian Li cases have you owned? Do you still own them ?

That was years ago. I think I had a PC-60 variant, and then a huge V1000 model. They've long since been sold.

They do make pretty nice cases, generally good quality pieces that are put together pretty well. They used to be one of the top-notch brands. A lot of other vendors have stepped up their game though, so I wouldn't say they're as premium as they used to be. I

That was years ago. I think I had a PC-60 variant, and then a huge V1000 model. They've long since been sold.

They do make pretty nice cases, generally good quality pieces that are put together pretty well. They used to be one of the top-notch brands. A lot of other vendors have stepped up their game though, so I wouldn't say they're as premium as they used to be. I

True.

Yeah I guess.

So no one here owns a Lian Li case ?

I currently have 4 Lian Li cases.
Using a PC-9F and a PC-C50

I also have a PC A61WX Black and a PC-05 that I'm not using. I'd be happy to sell either one of these to you for a hell of a deal. As long as you are in US.

I currently have 4 Lian Li cases.
Using a PC-9F and a PC-C50

I also have a PC A61WX Black and a PC-05 that I'm not using. I'd be happy to sell either one of these to you for a hell of a deal. As long as you are in US.

May I ask why you have so many pc cases?

The first one is what I have in black right now!
Yeah, the PC-60USB was a good case, but the cooling and noise weren't great, IMO. The build quality was pretty good, though. That's why I kept buying them over and over. :)
The stock 80mm fans in front made a lot of noise, even on low speed (not sure if yours has the 3-speed switch on the front?). And the back 80mm fan was just too small to exhaust the heat, even with the help of the top 80mm fan and the PS fan.
I even lined the case with sound absorbing foam and added a 120mm fan to the side panel to help keep things cooler and quieter. It helped.

When I started thinking about my current build, which was back in 2012 (except for the video cards, obviously), I chose the PC-7B because it had one 120mm fan in front and one 120mm fan in the back. My goal was to have something quiet above all else. I was also hoping it would cool the same or even a little bit better than the 80mm fans did in the PC-60USB while being quieter. I achieved both goals, I think. It isn't silent, but it is one of the quietest systems I've had in a long long time. I use these https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553006 for the front and back fans. The motherboard automatically ramps up the speed of all the the fans under load which is perfect.

Isn't the whole point of a dual compartment with a big TG enclosure to show off custom loops?

For air I imagine that this is a pretty bad idea, since the heatsink won't get a lot of air.

Isn't the whole point of a dual compartment with a big TG enclosure to show off custom loops?

For air I imagine that this is a pretty bad idea, since the heatsink won't get a lot of air.

I can always ship it back, for free, if I don't like it.

I've owned 3 Lian-Li cases in my time. Some were terrific some sucked balls (upside down mounting of mobo... not good) I stick with Coolermaster cases these days. I have a 10+ yr old CM Stacker that holds 9 4tb drives in 3 pair config with a 120mm fan for each. Never had a problem with heat. I also use a cross flow in it to keep everything else cool while i watercool my overclocked cpu. I'm running a Core I7-920 (1366) overclocked (for 10 years) @ 3.4Ghz. That is a 1MHz oc i think. 24Gb of triple channel memory. Best and quietest server i have ever had. I keep it in a closet in the basement and have never had to worry about it. It's headless and i reboot it occasionally with a script. It also has a UD5 Gigabyte mobo or something like that... been years since i looked at it. All it does is work hard and never give me any shit. Unlike the Lian-Li's i've owned over the years. Judt my $.02 you sometimes don't get what you pay for. FYI I only upgraded it to water cool about 5 years back. Till then it was using a CM V8 lol.

Despite the odd layout the PC-O12WX looks like an amazing case. I could see it working well for a water cooled setup. Lain Li's designs have really been quite striking lately and the quality of construction is still light years ahead of their competition. They definitely have quirks but if you put in a little effort they look stunning.

I have three rigs in Lian Li cases, two V2000's and one in a A05. I've used both Corsair 900D and Fractal Design R5 for builds. The R5 isn't bad for $120, but the corsair was horrendous. Weak structure, side panels that never lined up quite right, wire management that never fit anything correctly, and the cooling was terrible because of all the wasted space. It was so awful that I stuck my rig back into my ten year old V2000. $500 for a case is a lot, but it's worth it in the end. Hell I paid $330 for my V2000 in 2007.

Back