Lian Li PC-A71F Cooling Issues

Rothgar

n00b
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
7
Hi Guys,

I thought I might post here to get some feedback on options to cool my Lian Li PC-A71F Case.

I bought the Lian Li case about a year ago now because I needed a lot of storage space (drives) and wanted something relatively quiet. I have been very happy with this case and the acoustics of it. However I do play Games quite a bit and recently after a graphic card upgrade I am having some hard lock-ups.

My system freezes (full lock up) from time to time when playing games and usually when this happens I check the external exhaust air temperature from the back of the case and it's very warm and the aluminum when you touch it feels hot. I expect this is because of inadequate cooling due to the heat of this card under load.

However I have also wondered whether I should change my PSU it's a Seasonic 850W (I think it should be able to cope with what I am running though)

System/Rig Specs:

I am running an i7 920 (Stock) running a Thermalright TRUE Black 120 HS with a Noctua NF-P12 Fan on an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard

12GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM with the RAM HSF kit it included.
3 x 1TB Caviar Black WD Drives in a RAID5 off an Intel RAID Controller
1 x 80GB Intel SSD
GTX 590

Now I could just replace the case fans I guess to try and push some better airflow but I don't know how this will end up acoustically the other option i guess is liquid cooling.

So I guess my questions are:

Do you believe the lock ups are heat related/PSU related or otherwise?
If it's heat related should I investigate Liquid cooling? Or do you know some good quiet fans that will fix the airflow issues?

Feel free to provide input on alternate options if you believe I am heading down the wrong track.

Thank you.
 
Back
Top