Lian-Li PC-A10 - Black or Silver?

• Black

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters

joshley

Limp Gawd
Alright, just building my new PC. My old case is a big, ugly, beige, plastic job. Now I'm going for a Lian-Li PC-A10. The only question is: Black or Silver?! It's £150 for one of these bad boy's, and it's kind of going to have to be a "feature" in the room, so I want it to look the best! Anyone got either of these? Any pics? I can't find many pics of it in silver. Black is the obvious choice, but I reckon the silver could look awesome.

C'mon, time for some mid-term case colour elections!

edit: found some silver pics in the Overclocker Cafe review

my vote is black i dont own one but i own a lian li pc-7 and ive seen both the black and silver version i knew straight from the start that black was my colour.

ganstafm said:
my vote is black i dont own one but i own a lian li pc-7 and ive seen both the black and silver version i knew straight from the start that black was my colour.

Thanks ganstafm! From pics I can clearly see the black one has a nice brush metal finish to it, but the silver pics are all too small or too bright or both and I can't tell if there's the same finish on it; anyone know?

ganstafm said:
im pretty sure that the silver is brushed aluminium for the pc-7 not sure about pc-a10 heres a good pic of how the brushed look is on the pc-7 silver http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=231&page=4

Thanks for the pic link ganstafm! Yeh, that's what I would have expected the silver to look like based on what I can see on the black. I think silver might look a bit more edgey, perhaps a bit different. There's loads of black cases out there, but not many high quality brushed aluminium silver...

i have a black lian-li v1000b plus and i absolutely love it. so i believe black would suit you better. i also owned some silver enermax case and it was pretty bright and shiny.

just my opinions. :)

I've always been a fan of black cases, they just look nicer to me. Silver seems rather generic for my taste. Not just cases and electronic stuff, it's generally overused, I think.

I'm getting a black PC-A10 for my rig as well. Beautiful thing, that is. :)

Eagle156 said:
Black! The silver makes the case look like a fridge.

Racist... :p

Made me think of "The Fast Show" for a moment there...

So far, overall the black is definately winning! Incidentally, my girlfriend said the silver one looked like a fridge, and a review of a different Lian-Li in silver also made the fridge comparison. Hasn't anyone considered that this could be such an advantage for keeping the heat down when overclocking??! :D

I voted silver cause im about to buy a Lian Li PC-201, i first wanted it in black too but then considered the whole fingerprints thing ive seen in many pictures of black lian li cases and instead came to the conclusion that silver will look better, but thats just me and ive been known to flip flop anyhow ;)

Silver. Plain and simple. I have a Lian Li PC7 Plus II in silver and it really adds to the room. Silver is the new black, plus it won't show finger prints.

I have a Silver Li Li. Always wondered about black . . . until I realized:

Fingerprints & Dust.

Unless you want to polish your case as frequently as a black car during the winter, you may want to go silver.

Wow, thanks people, so far 36 votes!! Kherozene, thanks for the link, nice pics!

Does anyone with a silver case have any pics?

That's some good points about dust and fingerprints on the black one. But then I have a black HTPC case and it looks nice. But then I have a silver Nissan Micra (go Micra's!!) and that also looks ace. Most peeps cases are black, so I'm thinking silver might give it that 'edge'...!!

Black for sure! Black optical drives look fine even without drive covers. In a silver case, your aesthetics are more limited if you don't want to shell out more to stealth the drives.
My V1200 is black, fyi.

I got a nice Samsung DVD writer which came with beige, black and silver bezels.. although they may look a bit naff, not sure yet! I'll put up pics when it's all done and built. I'll convince all you black barons that silver surfing is the way forward! ;)

I went with a silver stacker because it seems everyone has a black case :p

Just a side question... i've been looking into the PC-A10 and was wondering if the motherboard is upside down in this case? Also if they scythe infinity or ninja would fit with them... looking into putting an Asus P5B Deluxe on it

Well, my silver Li Li PC-201 has arrived and i thought id post a few pictures :

All in all im happy with it ;)

Nope, i think i dodged a bullet there, you can see a light fingerprint on the bezel closeup already :D

Back