Lian Li PC-A05NB i7 build Ordering parts now need help

edvb

Weaksauce
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? Etc
Gaming, Photoshop, Office, Web browsing, Itunes. HDTV

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Whatever it takes to build. Trying to keep is reasonable but fast.

3) Where do you live?
Oshkosh,WI 54901

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very
specific. Everything but Monitor,Keyboard & Mouse. I already purchased the CPU, Cooler and Fan controller.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Keyboard,Mouse

6) Will you be overclocking?
Maybe , But I want a fast machine that does multitasking well.

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
New Dell 2209WA

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI
support? etc. Onboard sound

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
No. Will need Windows 7 64 Bit

Hi All

I went to Chicago and picked up my Intel Core i7 920 D0 and Prolimatech Megahalem cooler with no fan.

I am ordering the rest of the parts and need your help.

I am going to install the T-60F top panel so the fan holes are toward the rear.

The side panels will be reversed so they slide from the front to the back to secure. I will trim the back edge that is now at the front of the case so the front panel can be snapped on without interference.

The bottom front card cage will be removed and a 3.5” to 2.5” SSD mount will be attached to the bottom of the 3.5” slot of the top cage, housing the two 5.25’ drives and 3.5” drive. This will let me add my fan controller in the 3.5” slot , one DVD drive and still have room for something later on in the last 5.25” bay.

I will add a light gray tinted window 11” h x 8.5” w that is 1.75” from the back of the case and 1.5” from the top and bottom. The corners will be have a radius of .5” – 1.5” whatever will look the best after drawing it out on the panel before cutting.

After cutting and smoothing the edges the edges will be painted back.
The window will be attached from the inside using 3M tape.

After everything is fitted I will disassemble the frame and have it anodized black.

The inside should be very clean with the black motherboard and all wiring will be sleeved in black sleeving.

I need to have this PC as quiet as possible as it will sit on my desk next to my 2209WA monitor.

These are the parts I have decided on so far. Reliability and longevity are key.

Lian Li PC-A05NB case

Lian Li Replacement Top Panel for 60 series cases # T-60F (two 120mm fan holes and grills)

Lian Li Universal CD cover C-02B

Scythe Kasemaster 3.5 black fan controller (Already purchased)

EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Already purchased)

Prolimatech Megahalem (Already purchased)

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W Modular Power Supply

G skill falcon FM-25S2S 128g SSD Storage

MSI N260GTX-T2D896 OC V3 Video Card

These are the parts I still need to decide on

fast DVD/RW drive.

6 gig DDR memory

Video card if better than one above. It will only be used with the 2209WA monitor
HDTV card ( no need to record )

120mm fan or fans for cooler
120mm fans for top of case
120mm fans for front and rear of case

Modular PS if better than listed below

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this build. I am going to purchase the parts within a week.

LianLi1.jpg

imgp009614.php

oknowymiary.jpg

03bokokno.jpg

lt_shiro

Power supply has to be modular. The CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W Modular Power Supply is $119.99 after rebates now. Anything better? I will only be having one video card.

Video card needs to have great cooling as it is in a smaller case. I also need to have it be quiet.The MSI N260GTX-T2D896-OCv3 is only $90.01. Anything better?

I might have five games or less on this machine. It will just be a fast sleek all around PC that is quiet and fits on my desk.

Antec is more power efficiency than the Corsair, if you only plan on single card config. The 550watt model would save you another $10.

at 90 bucks that price is very very good. I would go with that.

What about fans , Memory, HDTV card and a fast DVD/RW drive.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered my parts today. It went way over my budget but I wanted something that was fast and looked like a piece of art on my desk. I ended up with about $1850 including anodizing the case frame black and adding the window on the side.What do you think of the build so far?

Lian Li PC-A05NB case

Lian Li Replacement Top Panel for 60 series cases # T-60F (two 120mm fan holes and grills) Will be mounted with the fans in the rear.

Lian Li Universal CD cover C-02B

Lian Li Thumb Screws Black

1 Scythe 120mm PWM Fan DFS122512L-PWM for Cooler

Prolimatech Megahalem Cooler

Intel Core i7 920 D0

Scythe Kasemaster 3.5 black fan controller to control the 4 Gentle Typhoon fans. Two fans per channel.

4 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Silent Case Fans
2 for top Blowhole
2 for front and rear of case

EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard – Retail

OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK

EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI supported Video Card

VerMedia AVerTVHD Duet PCTV tuner (A188) MTVHDDUET PCI-Express x1 Interface - Retail

LG Black 22X DVD+R SATA 22X DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - OEM

Patriot Torqx PFZ128GS25SSDR 2.5" 128GB SSD

Lian Li Hard Drive converting Kit 5.25” to 2.5” SSD

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W Modular Power Supply

edvb
View Public Profile
Send a private message to edvb
Find all posts by edvb

Back