Lian Li PC-7B PLUS

I bought this case this past July for a future build that I have yet to put together so I can't comment on the airflow of the case. But overall I really like the clean traditional look of the case. As that's one of the major reasons why I got it. I'm not a big fan of the "new aged" designs that look like something ET shat out this morning after a hard night of partying. Another thing I like is that it does have ample amount of room for a mid sized system. Just don't expect to throw everything you can in there because it most likely wont fit.

BUT I do have a few gripes. From what I see the side panels seem to be a bit flimsy and they don't seem to quite fit snuggly into place. So they can raddle due to vibrations. Same with the hard drive cage. Another thing I'm not too sure about is the front panel. It just snaps in and out for easy removal which is great. BUT it does seem to be a bit lose as well so that may raddle too. I just hope it pans out once I put everything inside of it and fire it up.

Yeah I'm looking at the same case, would be nice to hear some testimonials

I got this case for my girlfirend about a year back, it's a good quality case at that price and certainly a better option than a steel case imo.

The only few negatives I would give to this case are firstly there isn't alot you can do to hide the wires from the PSU and secondly I'm not a particular fan on how they've incorporated the hard drive cage (to install the hard drives the opposite way around to hide wires, you would either have to move the cage itself or remove the intake fan infront of the cage).

Other than those things that I would consider minor, It's a good case for the money and like I said before, the finish on the case is excellent (with a minor exception being the plastic bit on the top of the removable front panel... don't know why they did that either lol).

I would probably give this case 9/10 at that price point... you could do far worse :p

Oh... before I forget... the rear intake fan in the case died on the first day too... but seriously, it's still a good case imo :)

EDIT for above poster: the side panels seemed fine on the one I got for my girlfriend, no rattling at all. Also the front panel has never felt loose and doesn't rattle either. With any luck your case shouldn't either, hope it goes well with the build when you get around to it!!

i've had this case for a little over a year now and it has held up great through the several builds i put it through. i like the simple look of it, 'sleeper' look :). my first lian li case and will not be the last.

the main reason i picked it was for the dual 120mm intake/exhaust fans. since at the time i was going to go internal watercooling with a 120 rad. removing the HDD cage gives enough room for it. i only have 2 HDDs and i put them in the floppy area. the stock fans were noisy to me so i swapped them out for some low speed yate loons.

the internal size is what you expect from a mid tower case. no surprises there.

i had the side panel rattling problem too. it took me a while to figure where it was coming from :D. anyway, a simple way to fix it is to pinch the all the metal flaps on the panel a bit that you use to slide it into place on the case. if that doesn't make any sense i'll post some pics of where i'm talking about. after doing that, no more rattles.

I have the PC-65B, it's just like that case, the build quality was amazing and the case has great airflow, i highly reccomend it.

I have had one a year plus. I adore the general aesthetic, but HATE the hard drive cage, which is very much in the way of where on my particular motherboard I need to plug in my hard drives. Theres very little room to work inside, or route cables. The hard drive rack as it stands is very prone to vibration, and I had to put some rubber matting down to solve this. If I had it to do over, I would probably get a p180b.

I've had this case for a few months now. It's nice.

It's nicer than my Silverstone TJ-06, and weighs as much as a fly's fart in comparison.

I dont have any problems with rattling panels or cages in mine. The bottom drive cage could be a bit better positioned, but that's about my only real gripe.

I as well have this case. As said before me, it is a little difficult to hide wires. If your anal about that sort of thing; your going to have to get creative. For the money I think its a good purchase. I think the stock fans have move quite a bit of air so thats a plus IMO. Another thing to note is Lian Li makes good quality cases versus some of the other junk out there on the market. I had the rattle noise for the first 2 days, then it just disappeared. My biggest gripe is the fact that this thing picks up fingerprints like nobodies business. All in all I think its a worthy choice.

Back