Lian Li PC-7B Plus II

Yea, get it in http://performance-pcs.com, those are the cheapest prices you are going to find it. How do I know?
Well, I'm about to buy that same case myself with that window from that website in about 1 month. I've looked everywhere, and I mean, EVERYWHERE. I have even gone to local stores, but they don't even have it. Seems like online is the only way.
So yeah, there are places, like newegg, which have the cases cheaper, but they don't sell the window, and if you manage to get it separate you will pay almost $30, and that's without including shipping.
So yeah, I recommend http://performance-pcs.com since you do get it cheaper if you do the math of "case + window + shipping".

Hope that helps.

:p I'm exited. I want a month to pass so I can go buy mine. :)

Try these guys... few bucks cheaper..

PPCs

QFT. That's exactly what I did. It's the cheapest overall price I found while doing my search. I didn't really want anything custom on my case but I did want a window and Performance-PC's had the best price for what I wanted.

Yea, get it in http://performance-pcs.com, those are the cheapest prices you are going to find it. How do I know?
Well, I'm about to buy that same case myself with that window from that website in about 1 month. I've looked everywhere, and I mean, EVERYWHERE. I have even gone to local stores, but they don't even have it. Seems like online is the only way.
So yeah, there are places, like newegg, which have the cases cheaper, but they don't sell the window, and if you manage to get it separate you will pay almost $30, and that's without including shipping.
So yeah, I recommend http://performance-pcs.com since you do get it cheaper if you do the math of "case + window + shipping".

Hope that helps.

:p I'm exited. I want a month to pass so I can go buy mine. :)

Thanks, btw why do you want a month to pass by to get yours?

While we're on the subject of the PC-7B, I'm also considering this case and was wondering about the 80mm fan hole on top. Would that be better served as an exhaust or intake?

exhaust

i loved mine while i had it - tear

IMG_0200-1.jpg

bought the exact same case from performance-pcs.

highly recommended.

Can't wait till I build my comp!

This is going to be my setup,

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor 2.4GHz 1066 FSB 4MB Cache LGA 775 Dual Core /w AS5
-ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
-Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply (waiting to go on sale)
-Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
-3x Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm Case Fan
-Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB Hard Drive (waiting in the mail)
-Seagate 500GB Serial ATA/300 16MB Buffer ST3500641AS-RK (waiting in the mail)
-LITE-ON Black 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner
-G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
-PNY XLR8 GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCI Express x16 Video Card
-AuzenTech AZT-XM71 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 Sound Card
-Lian Li PC-7B Plus II (not purchased yet)
-Dell 22" WS Monitor
-Creative Inspire 5.1 5700 Digital Speakers

IMG_5760.jpg

looks nice... i have the case also and love it... please stealth the DVD drives no black plastic crap....

DSCF1135.JPG

DSCF1134.JPG

wow I like that stealth dvd! did you just take off the cover from the dvdrom itself and use the lian li 5.25 bay cover?

btw, protein doesn't help with the overclock :p

looks nice... i have the case also and love it... please stealth the DVD drives no black plastic crap....

DSCF1135.JPG

DSCF1134.JPG

That is exactly what I had in mind for mine. Also, maybe getting that same screen to monitor my temperature, but they are quite expensive. But I had to admit that they are really useful.

Thanks, btw why do you want a month to pass by to get yours?

I have to wait for a month since I wanna get my whole rig all at the same time. I have enogh money for everything, except the monitor. So, my hope that is that by the time I get my monitor (1 month to save the money), prices would lower a little bit.

performance pc charges $30 for shipping,

I found this for less than $130 shipped,

http://www.xpcgear.com/lianlipc7bplus.html

hmm.. something to think about?

Well, maybe is because I live in Florida-USA, but to me PPCs still haves better prices.:

PPCs:
Case: $95
Window: $10
Shipping: $14.40
Total: $119.40

xPCgear:
Case/Window: $107.99
Shipping: $22.26
Total: $130.25

So, "vincewchan". You might want to try it yourself, and maybe you get better results than me from that website.

I just purchased my Lian-Li from Performance-PCs.com. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I used the standard "cheap" shipping at $17. I ordered the case Thursday evening, and it was here Wednesday. The order form was double checked (including little check-marks where someone obviously took the time to double check every item) and it included double signatures to ensure it was a correct order.

I can't tell you how great this was to see.

I am DEFINATELY ordering from them again. :D

I just purchased my Lian-Li from Performance-PCs.com. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I used the standard "cheap" shipping at $17. I ordered the case Thursday evening, and it was here Wednesday. The order form was double checked (including little check-marks where someone obviously took the time to double check every item) and it included double signatures to ensure it was a correct order.

I can't tell you how great this was to see.

I am DEFINATELY ordering from them again. :D

Very true! It was really apparant that they took the time to check my order to make sure everything was set before shipping. I'll definately be going there from now on for my case/modding needs.

Hi guys I was planning on buying the exact same case. My question is though would running SLI with 8800GTX's be a bit tight with this case?

if i were to do it again, i would get a VFD from matrix orbital..

i use LCDsmartie to control it because for beyondtv plugin then have...

I do not use the fan controller portion of my MO display and so i had to get a t-balancer to control my fans..

I wish lcdsmartie could control to fan headers on the display...

SVC from San Jose's shipping is $10.61, and tax is another $9.07.

Shipping from PPCS is $32.

I talked to a guy at coolerguys, and he said he could do $119 shipped for me, so I guess thats the route I'm going. Ordering it tonight! Now all I need is the Antec TP3-650 and AS5 then I will be ready to build my comp!

I have the Lian-Li 6070B Plus II, basically the same case; except mine has a door on the front and a slide out MB tray.......the rest is the same.

I easily fit in one 8800GTX in the top(master) slot of my ASUS P5N32-E SLI board.

I have my HDD mounted horizontally. To SLI I had to Dremmel out a slot in the removable HDD cage divider thing that you mount the one side of the HDD to when you mount the drive horizontally. (thats a mouthful) But it worked fine. Bottom line.....the second card, when in SLI will protrude into the HDD cage about 1/4" and you need to mod the cage just a smidge. You would not be able to place your HDD vertically.

I highly recommend Preformance-pcs.....that is where I got my case. They modded the back panel so I could put in a bigger fan, cost me all of 10 bucks extra. Great bunch of guys there.:D

I have the Lian-Li 6070B Plus II, basically the same case; except mine has a door on the front and a slide out MB tray.......the rest is the same.

I easily fit in one 8800GTX in the top(master) slot of my ASUS P5N32-E SLI board.

I have my HDD mounted horizontally. To SLI I had to Dremmel out a slot in the removable HDD cage divider thing that you mount the one side of the HDD to when you mount the drive horizontally. (thats a mouthful) But it worked fine. Bottom line.....the second card, when in SLI will protrude into the HDD cage about 1/4" and you need to mod the cage just a smidge. You would not be able to place your HDD vertically.

I highly recommend Preformance-pcs.....that is where I got my case. They modded the back panel so I could put in a bigger fan, cost me all of 10 bucks extra. Great bunch of guys there.:D

Yeah I was worried about that hard drive cage. I was thinking about maybe turning the hard drive cage a half turn so it would be facing you. To me it might give the additional clearance that I would need if it could fit in the case that way. Even if the cage itself could fit that way I would have to worry about if the length of the hard drives and the power cables. In addition to that I would have to remove the cage each time to install or replace a hard drive. it would be too close to the front of the case to use screws on that side of the cage.

I am a bit confused on what you did with your hard drive cage. Do you think you could post a picture?

For someone who has this case could you do me a favor? Can you measure from the back of the case to the beginning of the top vent for the blow hole. I am trying to see how much room I have for a power supply since I want to install a fan for the blow hole.

For someone who has this case could you do me a favor? Can you measure from the back of the case to the beginning of the top vent for the blow hole. I am trying to see how much room I have for a power supply since I want to install a fan for the blow hole.

anyone?

help anyone?

help anyone?

I don't know this, but I have a good idea on how you can find out. Go here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=703539
And when you are there, look for people that have this case, Lian Li Pc-7 Plus II. There is ALOT of them, since I have read the entire thread. And just send them a PM. Send a message to a few people, and at least one of them needs to have an answer for you. :) Good luck dude.

help anyone?

Patience camelass! Let's answer your questions one at a time. Yes, two 8800GTXs in SLI mode will fit in the PC-7. It will be tight, but they will fit. Just make sure that the top slot of the hard drive rack is open otherwise, it's a no go. Unfortunately, I have a PC-7 Plus, which is without the side cooling fan so, my temps with two 8800GTXs were too high. Should be less of a problem with the Plus II.

If you're concerned about clearance and you can spare two external 5.25 bays, you can purchase Lian Li's internal drive bay kit which will give you three new hard drive bays well away from the GFX cards.
http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=40&cl_index=2&sc_index=5&ss_index=12&type=b

I'm at work now so I can't measure my case for purposes of determining PSU clearance, however, my case has a custom blowhole with a 120mm fan and there is plenty of room to clear my Seasonic S12 600W PSU. The PSU cables on the other hand will clear the fan but will then block much of your airflow unless you are better at cable management than I. A modular PSU would obviously help there.

Back