Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 Mini-Review

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
Just some quick thoughts on this case.

Arrived today and I took the time (almost 2 hours apparently) to get everything as neat as possible. And it's pretty easy to do with this case. There's a lot of room and a lot of places to hide cables.

Case is relatively easy to work inside.
Love the tool-less holders for optical drives, hard drives, psu and pci cards.
What cable management it has is great.
Big fans for nice cooling and 2 spots for additional fans on top.

Best part of the whole thing is it dropped my cpu temps by 5C. Idle is about 35C and I ran prime95 for about 10-15 just to see and it didn't break 46C. That's awesome! (for me... at stock, lol).

Overall I'm very happy with this purchase. Especially for the price. A steal imo.

I need to ditch the IDE optical drive and I would've had more slack on the cable if I mounted the psu fan down, but I didn't really want to do that.

Last edited:
I ordered this case from Newegg for $49. How much you paid for it? Should I mount the PSU up or down?

I ordered this case from Newegg for $49. How much you paid for it? Should I mount the PSU up or down?

Came out to about $45 because I had a Newegg giftcard.

The manual says to face the psu down (fan facing down) and this would work if it was on a desk, or wood floor with space for the bottom to breath.

But I don't have that so I faced it up to be safe. I think other cases have it face up from the bottom as well.

I will say this though. I would've had more cable slack if I did it face down, but that might depend on the psu as well. Most cables were plently long, most notably was the cpu 4pin cable.

UPS is bringing mine tomorrow. I am having mine on a desk so I think I will go with the PSU fan facing down. I think with the PSU fan up it disturbs the flow of fresh air that is coming from the front of the case and there is less flow toward the rear top fan.

Back