Lian Li Hard Drive Screws?

Crispy002

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
1,385
I bought a Rocketfish case locally through craigslist about 2 weeks ago and apparently the guy had lost all the hard drive screws. Conveniently, the case is a Lian Li, meaning all the screws are mostly non-standard. Does anyone know where I can buy the harddrive screws for this case? They have a grooved rubber piece stuck to them to hold on the drive. Regular screws seem to leave the drive unstable and I'm afraid what could happen if I leave it as-is.

A picture for clarification:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/siteimages/articles/lian_li_pca58_case/55_thumb.jpg[/img]

Note from FLECOM: Do NOT hotlink images, host them yourself
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Silverpcs and frozencpu both sell the screws but not with the special grooved rubber piece. Performancepcs does not appear to have any.
 
Try contacting Lian li and seeing if they can send you some screws + rubber grommets. If lucky you might get some for free.

If you do contact them it would be probably easier if you go according to their model number of the case and not rocketfish.
 
:D
The "grooved rubber peice" is just a rubber grommet like those you can pick up at home depot. If you want to be fancy, you can pick up some "thermalplastic mounts", which do the same basic job.

Regardless, check performance PC's. This kit may have the screws and grommets you need:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=237&products_id=24640
Hmm that does seem to have the ones I need. $13 seems overkill for 12 screws but it beats none.

Try contacting Lian li and seeing if they can send you some screws + rubber grommets. If lucky you might get some for free.

If you do contact them it would be probably easier if you go according to their model number of the case and not rocketfish.

Sent an email to them last week asking about screws, I said my Lian Li case didn't come with enough. :D Still awaiting a response.
 
:D
.....

Sent an email to them last week asking about screws, I said my Lian Li case didn't come with enough. :D Still awaiting a response.

That reminds me, I sent an email to Coolermaster two years ago about a replacement magnet for the the door of my old ATC-110 SX-1, but never reveived a response. It's amazing that these companies feel that spending $100's on their cases doesn't even entitle you to the common courtesy of them saying "no".
 
You will not get any reply from Lian-li, only a little bag of screws via air mail after about a week! At least, that's what they did last time I ask for some. :D
 
What did you say to get some screws? I figure if I don't get any soon I'll send another email and try to sound a little more convincing. Thanks in advance!
 
Back
Top