Lian Li external encloures....

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
Have been thinking about getting one of the new Lian Li external enclosures....

Either an Ex-10 or Ex-20.

Anyone have one yet? Performance PCs has them for about $125/135 but I was searching around for a lower price. Doesn't seen many places carry them.

EX-10-b.jpg

EX-20-b.jpg

Those are pretty nice. Hard to find though. I personally want the 2 bay hotswap cage myself. Good luck finding it though. Contact Lian Li, as I've done before, and they'll try to hook you up with a dealer.

EX-H22-03.jpg

I grabbed a Macally, which is actually pretty decent. It's been running a year straight with one of my old 250 GB WD drives and the hard drive is in excellent shape. It's a good alternative if you want a high quality enclosure.

This is a photo of another one I have that I've been wanting to get powder coated.

img03431.jpg

Paying over $100 for an external enclosure is in the same league as buying that Tt Level 10 case - just asinine.

But you can use the External enclosures with the interal hotswap bays from Lian-li. Think you can take your media drive out of your main machine over to a friends and plug it right into his machine. then add it back to your main machine instantly.

But you can use the External enclosures with the interal hotswap bays from Lian-li. Think you can take your media drive out of your main machine over to a friends and plug it right into his machine. then add it back to your main machine instantly.

Agreed but it would be even better for a HTPC as hard drives are now cheaper per GB than optical media. Find a place to buy those rails and you're styling. It would also be sweet to plug into something like those Joybee projectors where you can play stuff through a USB port.

was looking at the mcnally case and it would be perfect for Pico-ITX mini mac system. looks almost exactly like a macpro case.

p.t. Barnum once said "there is a sucker born every second"

lian-li means well but really i think i will spend $0 and have a hot swap bay hole in the front of my computer.....

p.t. Barnum once said "there is a sucker born every second"

lian-li means well but really i think i will spend $0 and have a hot swap bay hole in the front of my computer.....

Yep, seriously thinking about grabbing some of those and selling my old Vantec hotswap bays and cages. The Kingwin's are less than $20 bucks each. Can't really go wrong with that.

Back