cornelious0_0
[H]F Junkie
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2003
- Messages
- 12,783
Just wanted to see what some of you thought of what I'm planning...
I've got a new rig on the way (check my sig) and for the first while I'm going to be working with the factory cooling that the processor and X850 are comin' with...but I'm starting to plan the h2O setup that I wanna have cooling the majority of my rig.
The case I'm pretty much settled on is the Lian-Li PC-6077. Here's some links to reviews/info on the case:
- PC-6077 product page at Lian-Li
- PC-6077 review at Tweaknews
- PC-6077 review at Bjorn3d
- PC-6077 review at OCAU
- PC-6077 review at OCIA
And here's a quick shot of the AW8-MAX mobo so you can checkout where/how things'll be mounted:

I fell in love with the PC-6077 as soon as layed eyes on it, everything about it is perfect in my eyes. The only one thing I can think of that I'd change is work in front and rear 120mm fans with the same chassis design if possible.
Before I get into the plans of the h2O loop, let me list off the parts I was looking at:
- Aqua Computer Cuplex XT CPU Block
- Aqua Computer Aquagrati X800/850 VGA Block
- Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro Chipset Block
- Aqua Computer Abit Mosfet Block x 4
- Aqua Computer Airplex Evo 120 Heat Exchanger
- Aqua Computer Aquabay
- Aqua Computer Aquatube Reservoir
- Aqua Computer Aquastream Modified Eheim 1046 Pump
- Mazzer 6mmID x 8mmOD Black Tubing
- Aqua Computer AC Fluid Non Corrosive Water Additive
Well, that's the list...before I start asking questions...I know that Aqua Computer parts are far more expensive then most others, but as much as I want a nice/quiet system that performs nicely...I also want something that looks spectacular and demands a second glance.
Please, do not post things along the lines of "Holy crap that'd be expensive...what a waste" or whatever. I know I could build a capable enough h2O setup for far less (everything I'm gonna need comes out to $678.85 USD ($779.25 CDN for me) after shipping) but a fullout AC setup as I'm planning is exactly what I want...so I don't really want people to try and tell me I shouldn't be planning on spending this much.
This h2O setup isn't going to happen all at once, and I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I'm looking mainly for advise on a few things, and I already know that a lot of people would comment on the prices...so please...try not to.
First off, the two things I'm wondering about the most are:
1 - The ability of the Aquastream pump to handle everything I want to include in this loop and...
2 - If the Airplex Evo 120 will be able to handle the heat put out by the cpu/gpu/nb/mosfets
1 - I know that the Eheim 1046 is a fairly decent pump to begin with, but I'm still doubtfull about it. The reason I'm thinking twice about the pump is both the amount of tubing that's going to be used in this loop and also, those mosfet blocks look like they're going to add a fair bit of flow restriction. The mosfets are above and to the right of the CPU in the picture of the mobo above, and they're covered by aluminum heatsinks out of the box. So basically, the tubing would be going from one block to another, through 4 of them, and finally up to the rad. I know that I could probably get by without the mosfet (and even the chipset) blocks, but I want to make the most of my system, and plus...I think it'd end up looking pretty nice. What do you guys think? With the Aquastream mounted to the Aquabay in the front of the case I could also include a second Aquastream in the loop (placing it on the floor of the case) and run the two pumps in series to help push the water through the multiple blocks...but I'd still rather go with the single pump if possible.
2 - I'm not exactly sure how much heat the chipset and mosfets are actually going to be putting off, but based on past experiences watercooling I would think that the single 120mm radiator should be sufficient enough to deal with the CPU and GPU...I'm just not sure if I should be looking at going with the Airplex Evo 240 so that I've got the extra surface area and the second 120mm fan working in my favor. This will also play into "issue" number 1, where going with the 2x120mm rad might actually require me to go with the second pump...so in the end it'd be simpler/easier to go with the Evo 120 and a single pump, but if necessary I could wait a bit longer and go with the bigger radiator and second pump.
In terms of layout, here's what I'm thinking of doing step by step:
- Mounting the Aquabay directly across from the video card in the 5.25" bays
- Run tubing from the Aquastream straight across to the inlet on the X850 block
- Run tubing from the outlet on the X850 block to the inlet on the chipset block
- Run tubing from the outlet on the chipset block to the inlet on the CPU block
- Run tubing from the outlet on the CPU block to the inlet on the mosfet block that's outlined in yellow in the pic of the mobo above
- Run tubing from the outlet of the outlined mosfet block to the inlet of the mosfet block to the right of it, and continue going to and from the mosfet blocks in the same manner
- Run tubing from the outlet on the last mosfet block up to the radiator
- Run tubing from the radiator back down to the Aquatube reservoir, and back to the pump
As you can see, there's going to be a fair bit going on, and a lot to look at here, but I think with the layout/route I've outlined it should look fairly orderly, and work out (visually) quite well.
Any comments/suggestions based on the two main "issues" I brought up earlier would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to know weather or not I can expect this all to work out. After I make any necessary cuts/mods to the case (for wiring and/or the radiator) I'm going to have the entire case (inside and out) painted a highgloss black at a local autobody shop and finished up with a clearcoat. In the end, the case will end up being ridiculously sexc (in my opinion) and the black tubing/mobo will go along with the cases paint job very nicely...I'm really excited to see this all start to come together.
Again, it'll be some time before the watercooling itself starts to come to be, but I wanted to post this now so that I can gather as much information and as many suggestions as possible before I actually start piecing things together.
Thank you for your time, I know it was a long post...but once this entire setup is completed I want to have it running for a fair amount of time, and it won't take much to swap out the GPU block and graphics card for a 7900GTX or to swap out the 560es for a dual core Presler or something else down the road, so I should be good to go for quite awhile.
Again, thx for reading...now let me know what you think.
I've got a new rig on the way (check my sig) and for the first while I'm going to be working with the factory cooling that the processor and X850 are comin' with...but I'm starting to plan the h2O setup that I wanna have cooling the majority of my rig.
The case I'm pretty much settled on is the Lian-Li PC-6077. Here's some links to reviews/info on the case:
- PC-6077 product page at Lian-Li
- PC-6077 review at Tweaknews
- PC-6077 review at Bjorn3d
- PC-6077 review at OCAU
- PC-6077 review at OCIA
And here's a quick shot of the AW8-MAX mobo so you can checkout where/how things'll be mounted:

I fell in love with the PC-6077 as soon as layed eyes on it, everything about it is perfect in my eyes. The only one thing I can think of that I'd change is work in front and rear 120mm fans with the same chassis design if possible.
Before I get into the plans of the h2O loop, let me list off the parts I was looking at:
- Aqua Computer Cuplex XT CPU Block
- Aqua Computer Aquagrati X800/850 VGA Block
- Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro Chipset Block
- Aqua Computer Abit Mosfet Block x 4
- Aqua Computer Airplex Evo 120 Heat Exchanger
- Aqua Computer Aquabay
- Aqua Computer Aquatube Reservoir
- Aqua Computer Aquastream Modified Eheim 1046 Pump
- Mazzer 6mmID x 8mmOD Black Tubing
- Aqua Computer AC Fluid Non Corrosive Water Additive
Well, that's the list...before I start asking questions...I know that Aqua Computer parts are far more expensive then most others, but as much as I want a nice/quiet system that performs nicely...I also want something that looks spectacular and demands a second glance.
Please, do not post things along the lines of "Holy crap that'd be expensive...what a waste" or whatever. I know I could build a capable enough h2O setup for far less (everything I'm gonna need comes out to $678.85 USD ($779.25 CDN for me) after shipping) but a fullout AC setup as I'm planning is exactly what I want...so I don't really want people to try and tell me I shouldn't be planning on spending this much.
This h2O setup isn't going to happen all at once, and I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I'm looking mainly for advise on a few things, and I already know that a lot of people would comment on the prices...so please...try not to.
First off, the two things I'm wondering about the most are:
1 - The ability of the Aquastream pump to handle everything I want to include in this loop and...
2 - If the Airplex Evo 120 will be able to handle the heat put out by the cpu/gpu/nb/mosfets
1 - I know that the Eheim 1046 is a fairly decent pump to begin with, but I'm still doubtfull about it. The reason I'm thinking twice about the pump is both the amount of tubing that's going to be used in this loop and also, those mosfet blocks look like they're going to add a fair bit of flow restriction. The mosfets are above and to the right of the CPU in the picture of the mobo above, and they're covered by aluminum heatsinks out of the box. So basically, the tubing would be going from one block to another, through 4 of them, and finally up to the rad. I know that I could probably get by without the mosfet (and even the chipset) blocks, but I want to make the most of my system, and plus...I think it'd end up looking pretty nice. What do you guys think? With the Aquastream mounted to the Aquabay in the front of the case I could also include a second Aquastream in the loop (placing it on the floor of the case) and run the two pumps in series to help push the water through the multiple blocks...but I'd still rather go with the single pump if possible.
2 - I'm not exactly sure how much heat the chipset and mosfets are actually going to be putting off, but based on past experiences watercooling I would think that the single 120mm radiator should be sufficient enough to deal with the CPU and GPU...I'm just not sure if I should be looking at going with the Airplex Evo 240 so that I've got the extra surface area and the second 120mm fan working in my favor. This will also play into "issue" number 1, where going with the 2x120mm rad might actually require me to go with the second pump...so in the end it'd be simpler/easier to go with the Evo 120 and a single pump, but if necessary I could wait a bit longer and go with the bigger radiator and second pump.
In terms of layout, here's what I'm thinking of doing step by step:
- Mounting the Aquabay directly across from the video card in the 5.25" bays
- Run tubing from the Aquastream straight across to the inlet on the X850 block
- Run tubing from the outlet on the X850 block to the inlet on the chipset block
- Run tubing from the outlet on the chipset block to the inlet on the CPU block
- Run tubing from the outlet on the CPU block to the inlet on the mosfet block that's outlined in yellow in the pic of the mobo above
- Run tubing from the outlet of the outlined mosfet block to the inlet of the mosfet block to the right of it, and continue going to and from the mosfet blocks in the same manner
- Run tubing from the outlet on the last mosfet block up to the radiator
- Run tubing from the radiator back down to the Aquatube reservoir, and back to the pump
As you can see, there's going to be a fair bit going on, and a lot to look at here, but I think with the layout/route I've outlined it should look fairly orderly, and work out (visually) quite well.
Any comments/suggestions based on the two main "issues" I brought up earlier would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to know weather or not I can expect this all to work out. After I make any necessary cuts/mods to the case (for wiring and/or the radiator) I'm going to have the entire case (inside and out) painted a highgloss black at a local autobody shop and finished up with a clearcoat. In the end, the case will end up being ridiculously sexc (in my opinion) and the black tubing/mobo will go along with the cases paint job very nicely...I'm really excited to see this all start to come together.
Again, it'll be some time before the watercooling itself starts to come to be, but I wanted to post this now so that I can gather as much information and as many suggestions as possible before I actually start piecing things together.
Thank you for your time, I know it was a long post...but once this entire setup is completed I want to have it running for a fair amount of time, and it won't take much to swap out the GPU block and graphics card for a 7900GTX or to swap out the 560es for a dual core Presler or something else down the road, so I should be good to go for quite awhile.
Again, thx for reading...now let me know what you think.