Lian-Li A77 or P80

I personally like the PC-A77...the PC-P80 is just too gaudy and flashy for my taste...yuck.

What are the advantages of both cases? What does the P80 have over the A77 besides its bigger?

Yeah, I'd take the A77 also. The P80 looks way gaudy and has blue LED fans...yuck. (not that you can't replace them, but still..that belongs in crap like thermaltake, coolermaster, and antec.) The A77 is something I'm looking at to replace my 1st gen v1100 so I can put in an internal watercooling setup and not have to mess with much cutting. Very clean and understated case.

Personally I'm leading towards the P80. I believe it has two extra fans, one on the front "door" and one up top. If you're worried about it being gaudy, just remove the LED fans and replace them with something better. its not a huge difference between the two cases, but I like the extra fan on the top of the case, the extra set of water cooling outlets, and the "door" with fans outside, better. Because of the door with its built in air filter, less junk gets into your case that way, and it gives a nice smooth look when its closed.

I just wish the P80 had the same mobo tray as the A77, I really like the cutouts on the A77 to help with cable routing.

Definitely A77. The P80 looks like something that Coolermaster or Thermaltake might've crapped out. (Ditto for its little brother the P60.)

The A77 is exactly the case I'd been hoping for---the 7077's front plus the G70's back---except for that fan-controller. I hope the controller's hole is coverable; I want the black-monolith look, without some glowy thing messing it up.

I just wish the P80 had the same mobo tray as the A77, I really like the cutouts on the A77 to help with cable routing.

The cutout is so small that it would be useless for larger power supply..
I guess Lian Li should seriously make a bigger and better holes for larger power supplies too..

a77.

The p80 looks like their shot at making an 'upscale' nine hundred or twelve hundred.

The answer is obviously the 77, much sexier.

IMO: Please just buy 6 rocketfish instead, and some bubble gum with the change left over.

Back