I'm really starting to notice my PC not being able to handle games very well... With new games out supporting and using quad core processors, it really is time to upgrade.
The problem is, I don't want to go and buy a new MB and processor and RAM... From the looks of it, a cheap i5 system would end up costing me about $400...
So to keep things cheap, I want to simply upgrade to an old quad using the same MB I have and use the LGA775 socket. What quad is the cheapest and best value right now? I know newegg has the Q8300 for about $150, but i'd like to go lower if possible... Any suggestions?
The problem is, I don't want to go and buy a new MB and processor and RAM... From the looks of it, a cheap i5 system would end up costing me about $400...
So to keep things cheap, I want to simply upgrade to an old quad using the same MB I have and use the LGA775 socket. What quad is the cheapest and best value right now? I know newegg has the Q8300 for about $150, but i'd like to go lower if possible... Any suggestions?