LGA2011 Question

Warboy

n00b
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
26
Does anyone know where I can get the LGA2011 retention bracket itself [aka the thing you put the processor in to tighten it over the socket, it has the dual-levers], I need to replace one on a motherboard. PM me if you can help or post links here for other members to use.
 
Need to replace it? What the hell happened?!

Quick ebay search didn't find anything. Do you have a warranty on the board?
 
You may contact foxconn directly and see if they will sell you one. They have millions in boxes.
 
I am also curious as to what broke?:eek:

I would contact the MBs US RMA depot or Customer service division and see about purchasing one from them.
 
Double check the manufacturer as yours may have the superior Lotes Socket. Your mobo maker should be able to wrangle you one.
 
I am also curious as to what broke?:eek:

I would contact the MBs US RMA depot or Customer service division and see about purchasing one from them.

I don't know if ASUS does that.

Double check the manufacturer as yours may have the superior Lotes Socket. Your mobo maker should be able to wrangle you one.

I tried calling ASUS already about some questions, got their voicemail o_O
 
Is there a reason you haven't told Magoo and I what has broke on it? It could be repairable if it's just a piece of metal bent the wrong way or something...
 
If all else fails, I have a dead X79 board you can have to loot the bracket off of.
 
Is there a reason you haven't told Magoo and I what has broke on it? It could be repairable if it's just a piece of metal bent the wrong way or something...

Masturbation was probably involved. :D
 
If all else fails, I have a dead X79 board you can have to loot the bracket off of.

Just to note, I guess LigTasm doesn't have what I'm looking for, so if anybody has other dead X79 mobos, please let me know.
 
Back
Top