• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LGA1156 Air Cooling Solution Advice Needed

I3eyond

Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
937
Thinking about going SLI or Crossfire and if I do I want to make sure my CPU is staying super cool. Plus, that stock cooler looks weak in my case anyways :p

On my E6600 I had the Xigmatek Dark Knight and I liked it quite a bit.

What's the best cooler for the money these days for an i5-760?

And while we're on topic, what's the best thermal paste these days?
 
Best p/p cooler would be the CM Hyper 212+ as people always suggest (i personally think it is overrated) or Thermalright TRUE Spirit 120/140.

Best thermal paste would be the Indigo Extreme or Shin-Etsu X23 series if you don't care about price.Otherwise you can choose Noctua NT-H1,Prolimatech PK-1,Thermalright CF3 or Arctic Cooling MX-3/4.They have only minor difference in performance.
 
If you still have the Xigmatech just get a 1156 hold down kit for it. Should be perfectly capable.
 
Back
Top