LG W2753V

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
59
I found a LG 27" Widescreen LCD Monitor With 2ms Response Time (W2753) - Black for $299.99 on Futureshop.
I'm planning to use this for my PS3 and PC monitor. I will be gaming on the PS3 and watching movies.

What you guys think? Should I pick it up?
 
Review of 22" version. If you need the size then sure its a great deal (shows up as 500$ on the site for me)

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-358-5373-35.html

Other wise for 200$ from NCIX Canda you can get the Acer H243H which is better

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-7266-38.html

Acer VS LG

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=38&mo1=625&p1=7266&ma2=35&mo2=521&p2=5373&ph=1

I did actually have the 24" version for a while and it was great except for the low contrast and black level. The heaphone sound isn't bad either when being hooked up to HDMI. My friend has it now and loves it, but the Acer is better and costs less.

Sense you live in Canada you could also get the Samsung F2380MX for 330$ from Best Buy which the is way better than both the LG/Acer

Review of older version
http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-6293-36.html
 
Last edited:
It was a one day sale and I got it for $300+taxes. Also had $200 of giftcards so it didn't cost me much. Only problem I have is I got a stuck pixel which I'm thinking of exchanging today for it. I had the Acer H243H just a day before this from Costco but decided to return it and get the 27" LG since it was such a good deal.

I'm not sure what it is but I prefer the picture of the Acer when I was playing on my PS3. The colors just seem more detailed. Especially the blacks. The LG has a higher contrast ratio though 50,000:1 and the Acer got 40,000:1 so I'm not sure what's up with that. The blacks on the Acer have more detail that I can see while on the LG the blacks loses a lot of details
 
I did the comparison for the Acer and Samsung F2380M and it seems like the Acer has a better picture. The Samsung is brighter and has a ghosting effect.
 
You are talking about the F2380 not the F2380MX I take? I thought you were in Canada so Best Buy should have the MX which is even better than the F2380/F2380M. Less ghosting, better contrast, and it does have HDMI and speakers.

I have owned the F2380 and now have the F2380MX and can tell you it is better. I have it next to a 120hz TN, you will probably never notice any ghosting in games/movies unless you have a faster monitor on hand. You will be to blown away by the picture to notice, to spot the ghosting in games/movies you will have to be specifically looking for it.

If you want to save some money get the Acer though as it is only 200-230$ depending on the size where as the F2380MX is 330$.
 
Last edited:
thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realized we were talking about different models. I just checked and the F2380MX is available at Bestbuy. I was actually looking at the wrong place. It seems like Bestbuy is the only place that sells it and it costs $330 for something smaller. I don't mind if it has quality but if I'm spending that much I think I would want something bigger like the Dynex 37" DX-37L150A11 for $350. This Dynex based on specs beats the Samsung F2380MX. 4000:1 Static Contrast Ratio and 6.5 ms response time. Not to mention its bigger and has much more features.

LOL now I'm really regretting that I returned the Dynex
 
After a couple days of research I've decided to get the Acer H243H. I was just wondering since I'm going to be using this with my PS3 and most games are 720p. How would that actually work? Would it make the converted the 720p signal?
 
Back
Top