LG Optimus G

griffstert

n00b
I got mine yesterday from best buy for 99.99 for an upgrade from my HTC Hero and I've been playing with constantly. Such a fast phone and the build quality is quite excellent. I just wanted know if anybody here has one and how do you like it so far? Also isn't the Nexus 4 based off of this phone? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
AT&T or Sprint?

I wished the Nexus was more based of the Sprint model with sdcard and 13MP Camera.

I have the Sprint version, much better in my opinion. It's sleeker looking (smaller and has sharper angles) and has a 13MP camera. The Sprint version does not have the microsd card slot, the AT&T version does. But the 32GB built-in storage is enough for me so there's no loss there.

AT&T or Sprint?

I wished the Nexus was more based of the Sprint model with sdcard and 13MP Camera.

I had the Galaxy Nexus and currently have a Nexus 7. I love them both, but I have gone back to my Xoom and bought an S3 (AT&T) simply because on either device, 16GB is not enough.

I like the way Google is thinking, trying to push all of their cloud storage. However, when I back up my phone in recovery, often times it takes up well over 1GB of space. I do it weekly, so as you can imagine, space gets eaten up.

I was looking at the specs on this one... whew. looks like a nice mobile. :)

I have some for the wife and I on the way thru my works premier discount for AT&T. Handled the one at best buy and it seems real nice and FAST!

On the AnTuTu Benchmark, this think even beats out the Note 2. I found a noticeable jump in the score when switching on/off eco-mode but in real-world performance, I haven't had the need to turn off eco-mode even when playing games, helps save battery life. I know the front and back is Gorilla Glass 2 but I don't think the camera lens is gorilla glass since I can already see a couple very light scratches (doesn't affect picture quality though). I also started using the face detection to keep the screen on and it's pretty cool feature and works pretty well. Overall the more I am using this thing, the more I love it. Can't wait until it gets Jelly Bean!

Back