• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LG LCD or Samsung

tshontikidis

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
168
I searched the forum on info about the LG L1981Q and found nothing. I am currently looking for a new monitor because I am tired of my 5 year old 17" sony crt with 1280x1024@60hertz. So i was wondering what people had to say about the LG montior, i will be playing some FPS like BF2, COD, CS and also some RPG's and one in particualr X3 reunion.

And also if any one has suggestions on nice gaming LCD's I am open to suggestion, I really like samsung.
 
I've been testing out a friends 930BF for him whilst the rest of his parts turn up and i've been so impressed i've ordered one for myself! Sharp crystal clear picture with deep blacks and no ghosting.
 
The L1981Q is a 6-bit TN panel, which means you'll get dithering. If this bothers you, look for an 8-bit panel.

On the plus side, I've read that it has very good viewing angles, much better than average for a TN screen.
 
DanK said:
The L1981Q is a 6-bit TN panel, which means you'll get dithering. If this bothers you, look for an 8-bit panel.

On the plus side, I've read that it has very good viewing angles, much better than average for a TN screen.
OK. I am looking at the product specs for some other LCD's and how do I tell if it is a 6 or 8? Right now I am looking at the samsung 930bf and it does not list it the specs.

930BF
930BF

What does everyone think about this monitor, I think i gave up the LG it was a bit pricy.
 
Back
Top