LG L246WP - May have a problem

computerinfo

Limp Gawd
I just noticed that the glass on my new LG L246WP seems to not really be well connected to the outer black frame. When I lightly push on the edges of the screen it seems to push in a little and not really be connected.

Is this right?

Also, does anyone have a customer support number for LG?

I spoke with LG and they told me to take it back to best Buy and Swap it out for another one.

First one I bought from Frys.com came to me shattered
Second one had this problem
Three times a charm - I hope

Do i have to push the edge of screen to see this problem? or there's another evidence?
cause i'm going to buy another one and i want to be careful.

Just lightly pust the edge of the glass, you will see it not connected to the frame in all places. LG said it was a problem and should be returned. I called Best Buy and they said they would swap it for a new one. What a pain in the ass especially since my 1st one came shattered from frys.com.

So I got the new monitor from best Buy and the same problem exists. If i were to guess, I would think that it is just normal and that the customer service person at LG was wrong. I will call LG back tomorrow for more clarity. I just don't like that the glass seems to be barely holding on to the frame.

I wish a solid piece of protective glass was over the front for protection.

I have a L246WP as well, and it also displays the same problem when I lightly press an edge.

Let me know what you find out -- I am curious about this as well.

I spoke to LG and they are going to have the engineering department get back to me with 2 days. I will post the response.

Anyone else have insight on this.....

LG got back to me a told me that the monitor SHOULD NOT have loose glass as I described above. They told me to return it once again.

I must have asked him 5 times if he was clear about what I was asking. He was and is 100% confident that the monitor is not correct.

Please touch your screen near the edges and let me know if any of you have the same issue. LG's warranty will not cover this if the glass shifts or falls at a later date.

Thank you.....

I believe it's just the outer matte/glossy screen used for protection. I wouldn't let it worry you unless it's really loose or is causing clarity issues.

My real concern is that customer service at LG said that it is not correct and that any problem that stems from it in the future will not be covered under warranty.

What id the glass shifts in 6 month? I will be out of luck with a monitor not covered by the company.

I just want to hear from others who have this monitor to help determine if others have the same problem.

This monitor has a one-year warranty, so if a problem does arise then it would be covered. If it's an actual defect then LG would be responsible for fixing or replacing it. When you told them it was "loose" they probably thought you were able to move it within the frame.

It could be just slightly loose to prevent backlight leakage caused by excessive pressure around the frame. I noticed it on mine but I don't see where it would cause a problem. As long as the filters, along with the layers of glass between the liquid crystals stay intact there shouldn't be any problems.

I have this same monitor but I don't see any "loose" fitting on my screen.

Also, the warranty up here in Canada (could be the same as in the US) with LG is a 3 year "swap" warranty so if something breaks you call LG and they ship you a replacement - that's my understanding of it anyway.

Anyone else care to test their LG 24" monitor for me and let me know what you find. I would really appreciate it.

I only have 2 days let to return it to Best Buy.

I do have the customer service agent's email and phone number at LG, so I guess I can always have him send me a new one.

Anyone else care to test their LG 24" monitor for me and let me know what you find. I would really appreciate it.

I only have 2 days let to return it to Best Buy.

I do have the customer service agent's email and phone number at LG, so I guess I can always have him send me a new one.

Can you take a picture or a small clip of it?

Taking photos will not really help you. It should be easy to see if you also have the problem just by lightly applying pressure on the glass. It it moves inward (away from the frame) then you will know.

I wonder if they all are like this cuz mine is to and it seems to be fine. I dont think I need to take it back cuz of this, unless somthing gets under it but I paid for a 2 year plan so I will see what others have to say first. this is the first time i notice this..

Taking photos will not really help you. It should be easy to see if you also have the problem just by lightly applying pressure on the glass. It it moves inward (away from the frame) then you will know.

Why do you say it will not help me? If I ask for it, it means I believe it is going to help me, and perhaps help you if you have this problem. It's your decision.

This monitor has a one-year warranty, so if a problem does arise then it would be covered. If it's an actual defect then LG would be responsible for fixing or replacing it. When you told them it was "loose" they probably thought you were able to move it within the frame.

It could be just slightly loose to prevent backlight leakage caused by excessive pressure around the frame. I noticed it on mine but I don't see where it would cause a problem. As long as the filters, along with the layers of glass between the liquid crystals stay intact there shouldn't be any problems.

I was thinking the same thing. They might just be lose so heat can get out that makes a lot of sense.

What you are missing is that LG customer support said it is not correct and should not be this way. I am on my second monitor and both have this problem.

I am just trying to see if it is really a problem or simply designed this way. Maybe the customer service agen is just wrong here even though he thinks he is correct.

it could be they way he said to to them and made it sound wrong.. I was check it out and i dont think it is. I think it is just like that or maby mine is not bad at all cuz just the top corners are like that and u cant even tell unless u press on it. It is not like it moves around or anything it just pushes in a bit. next time I am down by compusa and best buy I will check there's. But I don't think it is a prob. cuz all the monitors do it.. I did not even notice it unless i read this and push on the corner..

Anyone else care to chime in? Please look at your LG 24" and let me know if you see the same problem. If you don't, let me know as well.

Thanks.

IF LG says it is not right, and you should replace it, what are you asking if it is ok here for?
Replace it!
Perhaps the store you got it from had a bad batch or something.

I dont think it is the store cuz it seems that everyones LG is like this.. I dont think anything is wrong.. it looks to be that it is ment to be this way. even if it is not, the only ppl that will notice it are the ppl that press on there monitor really hard..

I just spoke to LG customer service once again. Those guys are great. They are sending me a new screen. I'll have it in a couple days. At that time, I will let all of you know if this one still has the original problem.

I sure hope it doesn't.

FYI: Did I mention that LG customer is incredible. I will add them to my list of companies with the best customer support including:

Asus - Motherboards
LG - Monitors
Hauppauge
Antec - Power Supplies
Gigabyte - Visdeo Cards

I just noticed that the glass on my new LG L246WP seems to not really be well connected to the outer black frame. When I lightly push on the edges of the screen it seems to push in a little and not really be connected.

Is this right?

Also, does anyone have a customer support number for LG?

you should not be pushing into your lcd screen at all are you nuts??? yes they give a little, curious where is the glass on yours? I think you are confused

i tested mine.
I think there's nothing wrong, it does not move, just a slight push inward, and i can hear sound “tek” when i push a little on the edge.
as they mentioned it before, i think this to prevent backlight leakage. And that explained why LG has the lowest backlight bleeding from factor!.

same mine moves a little bit, looks like it's supposed to be this way. Think the LG guy probably meant something else.

Back