LG L246WP-BN Screen Flickers

Great2bfree

Weaksauce
I received my LG L246WP-BN from bestbuy today. Tested it for a good 20 minutes. The VGA and HDMI result in light flickering. The screen flickers for a while, and returns to normal after a while. I never had this problem with previous lcd monitors. I tried lowering brightnesss n checking whether the problem goes alway, but nothing. I tested the connection with xbox360 and PS3 both at 1080p.

Is there any settings I should be checking?

I know its not normal, I'm going to let it on for a while and burn it out and see whether it fixs it self, sort of a burnout since its new.

This monitor has no flickering on my PC. However, since you mentioned you tested on consoles, would you mind setting the monitor to use HDMI TV mode? The timing parameters are different between TV and console so please check that first.

personal experience with the l245wpm-bn no flickering w2ith hdmi/dvi with thepc, or vga and component with a 360.
Perhaps you have a bad unit.

The monitor has some problems. After futher investigation, the flicker-effect is most visible when most pixel are set to white. There's also a buzzing sound, sort of a fast 'clicking' effect.

I keep my bias opinion and had someone else opinionate on it, they agree that it does the white color trembles like if not getting enough power or something.,,

Going to be returning this one, if no unit availeble on day of return for exchange, will simply get a refund.

The monitor has some problems. After futher investigation, the flicker-effect is most visible when most pixel are set to white. There's also a buzzing sound, sort of a fast 'clicking' effect.

I keep my bias opinion and had someone else opinionate on it, they agree that it does the white color trembles like if not getting enough power or something.,,

Going to be returning this one, if no unit availeble on day of return for exchange, will simply get a refund.

Flickering is expected. You need to either turn on v-sync or boost up the FPS.

I also have the buzzing sound. If I were to rank the loudest components in my system on average it would be:

Gigabyte 8600GTS Silent-pipe (buzzing coil, loud at 85fps, very loud at 100+ fps) > hard drive when seeking > shit looking energy saver light bulb (not a computer component) > monitor > distant refrigerator > outdoor ambient noise (midnight) > case fans

I just picked one up today and It is one of the best LCD's I have seen. I got a Samsung 245bw cuz I game but when I seen that gaming is all it is good for I went and picked up the LG and it is very good for gaming and photo editing and just surfing the web... You just got a bad one.. take it back.

What was the manufacture date of this monitor was it before June 2007 ?

Back