LG L246W with this set up?

Chrisbe

n00b
I have been following the thread on the LG L246W. What I like about this monitor is that it performs about as well as the BENQ but has a usable PIP feature. I really want to be able to use PIP with my cable TV and my PC. Wanted to know if anyone has a similar set up and if so how well is it working.

My PC is fairly new and has a decent video card (radeon 1900 now but plan an upgrade when I buy the monitor). I was planning to connect the PC to the LG L246W using the DVI to HDMI converter. My A/V equipment all plugs into my Pioneer Eilte Surround Receiver. This is my switch. I connect my cable HD DVR into this using component video (the cable box has minor glitches when using HDMI). I connect my XBOX 360 with HD DVD player into it using component video (older version with no HDMI). I use the HDMI out to connect to my plasma. I was planning to use the receivers component video out to connect to the LG.

Anyone else using a similar setup and how does it work? Is the PIP usable?

Thanks

i plug my hd box right into the component in on my monitor. the PIP is a wonderful distraction to have

Thanks for the reply. How does the monitor perform when just watching the HD Box? And the PIP - is it practical to use? Can you be watching a TV show and pop up your PC in a windows and use a browser?

Back