LG L226WT 22" vs. Samsung 226BW 22"

[CaM]Spoon

Limp Gawd
Hey all.
What are your takes on these 2 great 22" monitors!?
They pretty much have the same stats and Its up to the users to decide.

I plan on picking up one of these monitors in July or Augest but need the opinions on actually users. Thanks

Personally the LG is just so much more damn sexy looking.

I am completely in love with both my 226BW, but I was lucky enough to receive two S Samsung panels. Lately, new versions, A and C panels, have emerged, because Samsung could not keep up with demand and manufacture enough of their own panels to build their 226BW. Therefore, third party panels are now being used, resulting in a much lesser capable monitor. Quite unfortunate... especially the latest C model, which apparently is of much lower quality.

I have never heard about the LG, but I advise caution before getting a 226BW at the moment.

Go with the LG. Why play the panel lottery if you don't have to?

The one thing to watch out for with the LG is the "Q" model, i.e. L226WTQ. Avoid this model, as it uses RTC which causes very noticable artifacting. Just make sure you get the L226WT or L226WTX (same thing), you can tell by the sticker on the side of the box.

I would have to agree on that one... I got lucky and got and S panel looks great, but the C&A ones look like doo doo. If you can get your hands on a S get it they look better then the LG (I think they do).

Go with the LG. Why play the panel lottery if you don't have to?

I am certainly with you that the whole panel lottery thing stinks...after all, what is the point in buying the Samsung if it has the same panel as all the cheaper brands? (Unless Samsung does a better job at calibration...which it does not sound like they do).

But the LG has the "A" panel (i.e. it is the same AUO panel that is in the Samsung "A" models). So with the LG, you *know* you are getting a the inferior panel.

Mofongo

I was comparing the 226BW-A and L206WTQ (20") and the LG won, not doubt. Picture is much sharper and vivid. Contrast is amazing. The A model looked a bit washed compared to it.

I actually googled the for a vs title and found this. :)

After looking at them(i'm in the market) I think the LG is for me. It looks a lot prettier and probably after calibration the monitors will look close to the same and without markings and a bare panel someone couldn't say "that's a Samsung fo sho!" because the quality will be right on par, at least I think so.

I'll probably take a trip to best buy before to long and hopefully they will have them both for me to check out.

The LG is far more attractive but cant find cheaper price then 449 cdn right now. I plan on buying one of these monitors in next 2 months. Which ever one i can get cheaper and proper model will be the one i pick up.
I cant wait.

edited text.
Just looked at compair stats on futureshop.ca looking at all the info sideby side to compair
the Lg has HDMI! Oh LG WINS LG WINS ahahaha

Back