LG IPS236V half-pixel sized tear (or something)

SaladDressing

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
129
I just received an LG IPS236V and proceeded with testing for dead and stuck pixels, of which I found none, but instead this tiny 'tear' running across a portion of a pixel.

6168988331_1b962921e5.jpg


The above photo is of a black screen with intense white light coming through the 'tear'.

You can't see it on white and on other coloured backgrounds like solid red, blue or green it is more subdued.

Any insight into what this is?

Any advice?
 
The supplier agreed to swap out the unit for another which I was allowed to test at their facility before taking it.

The techie was no doubt thinking something like: "Just take the thing and leave... probably a [H]ard|Forum nitpicker."

Anyway, I'm happy. :D
 
How is the new one working? Mine was been pretty flawless, but my GF's monitor has a few smudges or dust behind the panel but before the pixels. So not exactly dead pixels. Just smudged pixels.
 
How is the new one working? Mine was been pretty flawless, but my GF's monitor has a few smudges or dust behind the panel but before the pixels. So not exactly dead pixels. Just smudged pixels.

The new one also appears to be flawless, thanks for asking Scoobydo.

This is the first desktop LCD monitor for me. Been using 21" CRTs but they have died. The glossy MacBook LCD panel is my other screen.

I'm enjoying the LG IPS236V. :)
 
I just ran another set of tests at home and I'm pleased to report the panel has no dead or stuck pixels. This LG IPS236V has whet my appetite for larger high-end IPS (or similar tech) monitors. :)

While faced with the problem of the above-mentioned flaw I seriously thought about manufacturer pixel policies and just how dreadful it would be to have even one problem pixel in the main work area of the monitor. These LCD monitors are so crisp that every pixel is quite easily visible while working at normal distances.
 
Back
Top