LG IPS 1080p 42" LCD $996 BB

Ok, I gotta comment.....I've seen frequent comments about the Antec P182 being a heavy beast and definitely not good if you intend to bring it to LPs.

if that's the case, then how can a 60 pound monitor possibly be something you'd want to haul around?

Just curious. I've hauled around heavy CRTs and steal full tower cases, but I really can't imagine hauling a 42" TV.

Anyway, looks like it's a decent price if you're in the market for an LCD TV's.

Surprisingly, I find it easier to carry my 42" LG (same one listed) easier to carry my old 21" Sony CRT... haha.

Does it have handles in the back?
My 42" NEC Plasma has handles on all 4 corners, makes it easy to carry it around.

Looks like it also comes with 3 free Blu Ray movies which is cool, though I don't have a blu ray player

Surprisingly, I find it easier to carry my 42" LG (same one listed) easier to carry my old 21" Sony CRT... haha.

I have no doubt that it's easier than a 21" crt (at least from a weight POV), but I just find it odd that a 42" TV is good for lan parties, but a heavy case (that weighs less than the monitor and is less bulky) is not good for LAN parties.

Of course, for all I know, you not only have a heavy case, you've also added some lead, because real men use extra heavy cases ;)

Regardless, I'm sure it'd make for an impressive monitor. Do you go to the LP's with a couch too? I saw a show where people did that. I thought it was pretty impressive, but I'd only do it if it was a couch that I could leave behind once the LP was over.

Do you go to the LP's with a couch too? I saw a show where people did that. I thought it was pretty impressive, but I'd only do it if it was a couch that I could leave behind once the LP was over.
I bought this same LCD a couple of weeks ago at Fry's for about the same price ($997)*. It is a nice TV, but I can't image hauling that thing around. Maybe if someone has a giant foam-padded case to protect it with wheels to roll it around.

* Grrr. I was hoping for it to be on sale at BB along with a RZ promotion. That would have been worth a lot of RZ points.

nilepez said:
I just find it odd that a 42" TV is good for lan parties

Me too...I thought, surely they were joking. But, I guess if you want to impress people you'll go to any length to make it happen. I can't imagine taking my 37" LCD to a LAN party, much less my 50" plasma!! :eek:

I also wouldn't want them to endure the wear and tear from being toted back and forth, not to mention the possibility of an accident. I think even the 30" Dell would be a bit overkill for taking to a LAN party, but hey, to each his own. :)

Of course, for all I know, you not only have a heavy case, you've also added some lead, because real men use extra heavy cases ;)

I actually use a Lian Li A05B right now, probably smallest ATX case I ever owned... Light as heck to.

Secondly, I've never been to a Lan Party.

:(

Now THIS is entirely worthy as a monitor. Terrific as a TV too. I got it for $669. :) Could have gotten it for $369 though.

1920x1080 res, 10:000:1 contrast, plenty of inputs, excellent blacks for an LCD, no dead pixels, no hot pixels, no stuck pixels, no ghosting, no backlight blur, no banding etc.... I do believe this is the best purchase I've EVER made, and that includes the old 37" LVM I once had.

Back