LG enV Touch VX11000 (Verizon)

rustman

n00b
Anyone picked up this phone yet? I tried it out at a Verizon store and liked the touch screens and keyboard, but I'm wondering about battery life, reception, call quality, and the HTML browser (disabled on the phone I played with).

I just got this phone 2 hours ago. Reception and call quality is some of the best out of any cell phone I have used. I really thought it would sound like shit. The HTML browser, even though I have used it maybe for 30 seconds, seems like it is close to the real thing. Data plans are too expensive right now. What I saw of the youtube front page was easy to read and will work very well. The HTML b better than a Blackberry Curve, that's for sure. I wholeheartedly recommend it.There are a few things I don't like but I'm just getting used to it.:D

I just picked one up for my wife this morning....I couldn't enjoy using it myself. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my iPhone, but it's night and day.
Tomorrow will be our first full day starting with a full battery charge. I'll let you know how it goes.
Reception seems ok for 1X but EVDO tends to jump from full bars, to 1 or 2 then back to full. At one point I saw it drop from 2 bard EV down to no EV with full 1x. At one point, in a large metro area, she attempted to navigate to facebook.com's mobile website. She got a message telling her that the transmission failed.
Just some initial observation, I'll keep an eye on it to see what it does. I also need to do a *228 to update the phone.

Typing on the keyboard gets easier with use, but still not a huge fan. The interface seems awkward coming from an iPhone.
Got her email setup rather painlessly after we found the Email App to download / install.
I'll report tomorrow on battery performance, and keep an eye on it through the week.

12 hours with about 1 1/2 hours of talk time, she was on the phone with her sister, and she's only down one bar of battery.
She wasn't listening to music or media. Only checked her mail once.
She did play with the camera for about 30 minutes today.
All-in-all not to bad on the battery.

Thanks for all the observations. I'm shopping for my wife as well and I think this phone will be perfect for her.

No Problem
My wife is by no means a tech person or phone geek. A couple hours after I posted the update the phone was still at 3 bars on battery life. She enjoys using the phone and thinks it's neat still at this point.
If we discover anything that would be shocking or out of the ordinary I'll update this thread.

had mine for a week now with no problems. its a snappy little phone with enough features to keep me happy. the phone itself is very high quality unlike the feel of some other phones. battery life is great - been surfing the forums on it for an hour and i still have 4 bars.

posting from it now

I will have to say..after being a Verizon user since 2003 this bar far has been the 'best' phone they have ever produced. Fully featured...extremely fast, and great sound quality. My favorite features are actually the 3.5mm headphone jack and the OTA Software Updates. It's truly a solid phone.

Whats kind of intersting is that the howardforums.com guys found out that the interface on the EnV Touch is actually a Flash SWF. Which is kinda crazy -- especially for people wanting to create their own interfaces.

Back