LG E6 OLED washed out HDR

shadow2761

Limp Gawd
still don't get why my HDR PC gaming still looks so washed out.

I have tried all different settings and they all seem to give me a washed out picture compared to RGB 8b mode.

Can someone help suggest what all my TV and PC settings should be set to?

Input label: I have tried Game console and PC
Nvidia CP: I have tried RGB 8b limited, and 422 10b limited
Windows Display setting: I have tried HDR on and off
TV Picture mode: I have it set to HDR game
HDMI Deepcolor: On ofcourse

Not sure what else to try?
Or is it that I am really suppose to have it professionaly calibrated or something?

What games have you tried it with? There is a worrying trend right now of developers lazily applying HDR incorrectly just to add a check box on their feature list. Red Dead Redemption 2 and Nier: Automata are two such examples.

On PC you want to set the color to "Use default color settings" in the NVIDIA control panel and set HDR to on in the Windows Display settings, otherwise the two will be in conflict with each other.

You also might be used to oversaturated colors. You can try using the settings from Rtings as a baseline (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/e6-oled/settings). Note that the peak luminance of the E6 isn't much higher in HDR than SDR, so the color range is compressed in HDR. You need to compensate for this by properly setting the luminance and brightness settings in the games you play.

Thank you Armenius for the response. Later I will try the Nvidia setting: 'Use Default Color'. I have not been using that option so far lol

Back