LG E2370V-BF or other IPS Display?

I'm considering purchasing this. Does anyone have experience with it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005232

I'm basically just looking for the best value IPS display I can get in the 23-24 inch range.

I had the LG IPS236v, which is very similar, I was very impressed with the IPS panel coming from years of TN. I had to return it (bestbuy), due to 1 stuck pixel which I didnt really notice, the main problem was the top right of the screen was all messed up, looked like it was dropped. I brought it back to bestbuy to exchange it for the same model but they were out of stock. I am now super interested in the LG E2770V, which is 27" IPS w/truemotion 120hz, check it out the price is excellent too, right around $400

Something to consider. I've also just been looking at the NEC EA231WMi and it seems as though it is a great monitor.

I'd hugely appreciate it if someone could give me the lowdown on the best IPS displays. :)

EDIT: How does "TruMotion" affect the input lag of the display? It interpolates frames to achieve 120Hz, correct? This would add input lag into the equation, would it not?

Last edited:
There is very little difference between any of the 23" e-IPS monitors.*

The NEC EA231, Dell U2311, and Viewsonic VP2365 use CCFL backlighting. The LG IPS231V, LG E2370V, NEC EA232, and Asus ML239H use LED backlighting.

There are differences in the electronics driving the panels, the build quality, the appearance, the available connections, and the ergonomics.

The NEC EA231 and Dell U2311 are the oldest, and generally well regarded. Some of the newer entrees to the field are a bit of a question mark. An LED backlight will tend to have a smaller form factor and use less energy, but may exacerbate light bleeding, compared to CCFL.

* I'm not aware of any panel revisions, and am making a bit of an assumption in asserting that these all use the same panel. It's well founded, but still a leap.

I am now super interested in the LG E2770V, which is 27" IPS w/truemotion 120hz, check it out the price is excellent too, right around $400

It is not a real 120Hz monitor.

TrueMotion is a technology used in 120Hz HDTVs (under various names). It simply takes a 60Hz signal then does some interpolation to insert on the fly created frames that are inserted into the video stream before it gets displayed on the LCD screen.

It makes videos look smoother and it causes input lag in games.

It is not a real 120Hz monitor.

TrueMotion is a technology used in 120Hz HDTVs (under various names). It simply takes a 60Hz signal then does some interpolation to insert on the fly created frames that are inserted into the video stream before it gets displayed on the LCD screen.

It makes videos look smoother and it causes input lag in games.

From LG...

"Thru Mode
Attention gamers Thru Mode is here, this feature enhances your game
experience by optimizing the reaction time of the video content.
Activate it on to play games, deactivate it off for everything else
."

I assume this would turn off truemotion and or help?

I just got mine from newegg.

Im coming from a dell 2007wfp.

I have been very pleased with it. I like the aesthetics compared to the ips236v.

No issues with gaming, but I never had any with my old dell either. Looks like there is a lot of menu options for tweaking but I haven't messed with anything but brightness.

No dead/stuck pixels. I cant see any backlight bleed either.

Overall its a keeper.

Something to consider. I've also just been looking at the NEC EA231WMi and it seems as though it is a great monitor.

I'd hugely appreciate it if someone could give me the lowdown on the best IPS displays. :)

EDIT: How does "TruMotion" affect the input lag of the display? It interpolates frames to achieve 120Hz, correct? This would add input lag into the equation, would it not?

I was told that at 60Hz your eyes both have to look at 30Hz per eye, with the new 120Hz technology both your eyes would take 60Hz per eye, making it easier on your eyes (and ofcourse it would make the screen look more smooth because of this)

I just got mine from newegg.

Im coming from a dell 2007wfp.

I have been very pleased with it. I like the aesthetics compared to the ips236v.

No issues with gaming, but I never had any with my old dell either. Looks like there is a lot of menu options for tweaking but I haven't messed with anything but brightness.

No dead/stuck pixels. I cant see any backlight bleed either.

Overall its a keeper.

How is the AG coating?

23" IPS with LED backlighting.The EA232WMi is an update of the s EA231WMi 23” with IPS technology. It utilises an LG.Display LM230WF3-SLB1 e-IPS Film panel and is capable of producing 16.7 million colours. The panel itself actually uses a 6-bit colour depth with advanced frame rate control

I was told that at 60Hz your eyes both have to look at 30Hz per eye, with the new 120Hz technology both your eyes would take 60Hz per eye, making it easier on your eyes (and ofcourse it would make the screen look more smooth because of this)

a lcd dont have a refresh rate. it emulates one. its not a crt it doesnt flicker

Back