LG 4k UHD TV Problem white dots

lemandarin

n00b
Hello,

I offered a UHD LG 42UB820V TV.

I connect it to a PC equipped with a GTX 970 in HDMI 2.0 (see my signature) to play.

In 3840x2160@60Hz I have no problem, but if I pay in 1920x1080, I have vertical lines of small white dots that appear on the screen (also on my boot screen).

I first thought that it came from my PC, so I tried on several other PCs and with different HDMI cables and I had each time the same thing.

Have you ever had this problem?

There make it a technical menu hidden in this LG TV where I could refine and test settings?

Thanks,
Regards

According to the manual, the TV using an HDMI 2.0 8Bits. It was not a very expensive 4K screen.
Unfortunately I don't have a DVI cable with me to test the 1080 DVI. But otherwise I'd actually considered as a solution to switch between HDMI and DVI following the resolution used (if DVI is Ok).

For now, I can run all my games in 4K without any problems, but I fear for the future of one day having to play on a title in 1080 and to be facing this problem.

I tried the functions of scaling NVIDIA, I thought it might be possible to calculate the picture in 1080 and the graphics card scale in 2160 for the TV remains permanently in 2160 input.

And how is the TV? What are the pros and the cons of it?
I readed somewhere that it is IPS. It has good panel uniformity?
IPS glow? Its suitable to use it as a PC monitor?

Thanks

Pros: Design, prices, sounds (very good for a tv, I'm impressive), ips panel, expert settings, hdmi 2.0 @60Hz, Fast input (not lag in Game).

Cons: Super résolution problem (fonction for add detail to picture but it's bad for text render in Windows) it's re-active to each turn-on monitor, chroma 4:2:0 :'( hdmi 2.0 8bits

I contact the technical support of LG. I send photos of my problem. They work on fix it by firmware update (also the super-résolution activation problem).
I use it on wait a 40 or 50" ips 4k 60Hz chroma 4:4:4 at a good price (-1000$) for change my LG. For the price I'm happy.

Back