LG 38gn950-b Driver?

1Wolf

Limp Gawd
Does anyone happen to know the correct driver for the 38gn950-b?

The owners manual that came with the monitor specified that LG recommends you install 3 pieces of software: The OnScreen Control Software, the UltraGear Control Center, and the Windows Driver.

There are no drivers at all that came on the DVD that came with the monitor. On their website they don't list anything obvious on the support page for the product but I did find another section of the website that lists "Windows Drivers".

I know the first link isn't correct as the 38gn950-b isn't a Full HD 1080p monitor. Its a WQHD+ monitor so I suppose either the 2nd link or the 3rd link could be correct. The fourth link is a broken link that leads to an empty page. Or maybe NONE of those are the correct driver and there is no specific driver for this monitor.

I sent an e-mail to their support but I wanted to check here as well as I know some folks here have the same monitor and I'd trust their experience before I'd trust whatever some support person might e-mail me as they are most likely to tell me not to use a driver at all because its easiest for them to solve the problem.

1620956274139.png

Hello there, I happen to be in the same exact situation as you. Did you get any response from LG support? I tried those drivers from the LG website, both the 4k and WQHD+ and its the same to me.

I have never ever had to install a display driver for any monitor as far as I can remember since 2001. Windows should find the drivers for you.

I see, do you know why is it that when I use Photoshop, the white becomes yellow? I read that it has something to do with colour management profiles? I have no idea how to set it to make it right.

I see, do you know why is it that when I use Photoshop, the white becomes yellow? I read that it has something to do with colour management profiles? I have no idea how to set it to make it right.
That is an issue with your monitor, you either need to calibrate or adjust something on it. This has nothing to do with your windows display driver. You'll need to download whatever program your monitor needs to make adjustments on those color profiles. Your monitor could be screwed up too, who knows.

I also have this monitor and its the only one that I can think of in many years that did not come with a windows driver. My other monitor has one and shows in device manager while this one appears as a generic monitor. The cd that came with it only has the owners manual on it and the product support page has the two lg utilities. Not being able to turn off the back panel led's from the OSD is stupid.

Back