LG 34GK950G 3440x1440 120hz display problem

bpmcleod

Limp Gawd
Posted this in Displays also as I was unsure where to post it exactly..

So I purchased this display a couple of weeks ago to use as my main monitor. I mainly play WoW and Division 2. Shortly after connecting it to my computer and starting up WoW, the game froze for about 3-5 seconds then snapped back to normal. Completely froze in which WoW would become unresponsive for these few seconds and everything else on the PC would as well, along with all volume. This would happen every so often (maybe once an hour or so). At first I thought it was cable related so I have since bought a VESA certified DP 1.4 cable and the issue still continues. So far I have tried the following fixes:
Updated and clean installed the nVidia drivers
Swapped to a DP 1.4 cable
Turned the monitors overclock off to set it at 100HZ
Turned GSYNC off
Connected ONLY the ultrawide monitor and no other monitor
Turned off every system OC I previously had running

None of these have fixed the problem. So I guess my question is if anyone has any other possible solutions? It MAY be a WoW only thing though as I have yet had the time to test any other game for much longer than 15-30 minutes.

System specs:

i7 7820x @ 4.8ghz
ASUS x299 ROG Strix
32gb DDR4 3000 Ram
EVGA 1080ti (usually OCed to 2000 core and ~5700 memory)
All on a custom WCed loop

Secondary monitor is and ACER 27inch 144hz freesync monitor

If the audio cuts out, it's not a display problem - unless the audio is coming through the display, in which case that's a maybe. And by 'not a display problem' I mean probably not the monitor's hardware itself.

If you use just your old monitor, does the problem go away? If so, then what if you use *just* the new monitor and disconnect the secondary? What if you connect it with HDMI?

And you definitely want to determine if it's just WoW. Get some benchmark apps like 3Dmark or whatever the kids use these days and use them to test it out.

When was the last time you restarted your PC?

When you say latest driver, did you get the hotfix driver or WHQL driver at the time of your post? Because the WHQL driver had a CPU usage issue that the hotfix driver resolved. A new WHQL driver was just release today that includes that fix.

Back