• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LG 2XE63 IPS monitors

Altea

n00b
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
9
Does anyone know how the LG 2XE63 monitors (22EA63T, 23EA63V-P, 27EA63V-P) are overall? I've looked around, but all I have to go on are user reviews from Newegg, Amazon, et al., which can be a real gamble as far as reliability. In particular, I'm interested in how the AG coating is on these models. I've seen an older model, the 23EA53V-P which has a coating that's too grainy for my taste, and I'm wondering if LG has wised up and improved the coating (like Dell did with their recent releases, which as I recall use LG panels). If it's got a nice coating and performs reasonably well, I might go for one of these, as they're pretty reasonably priced.

Update: AAARRGH. At least one user on Amazon indicates that it DOES have a noticeable AG coating.

*Sigh.* Looks like I'm going to have to keep looking or wait for something better to come out.
 
Last edited:
I recommend viewing a 27EA63V-P in person. I have three, and I don't have any issue with the AG. It's not bad at all, imo.

I'm running them in Eyefinity in iRacing, and I love them. Great value for the price, imo.

Edit:

The AG coating looks as though it might be easily removed without disassembling the display. It feels like I can almost get a fingernail under the corners.
 
I just bought one of those, the 23EA63V-P from Best Buy. I had the S2440L, but the glare from that glass screen ultimately could not be resolved, so I wanted to replace it. I tried several, but didn't like them. Before this, I bought Samsung's 24" PLS screen, and it had some fiercely bad back light bleed. This monitor has actually been pretty good. It had great color, and zero back light bleed. I found that it is very good, contrast-wise, in movies/video but it has a 'Super Energy Saver' dynamic contrast setting that makes a huge difference, IMO. It made movies very, very enjoyable and provided a noticeable difference. I enjoy looking at art and wallpaper online from deviantart and other places, as well as have begun restoring slides for my father, too. I've found that this monitor has been very good for both purposes.

I owned the Dell U2410 for quite some time and I would not say that the 23EA63V-P has a hard AG coating at all. I remember how intense the AG coating was on that monitor and this isn't anywhere near what that monitor was. I know because my eyes are very light-sensitive and the shimmering effect of the heavy coating bothered my eyes. This screen, however, does not bother me at all. It obviously isn't semi-glossy and even if it does use a more aggressive coating, it absolutely is nothing like that U2410 that I had. I agree with Lith1um, it is a great value for the price. I saw that mine came with a calibration report, too, which I did not expect, given the price. In some ways, I do miss the deep blacks of the S2440L, but I don't miss the pixel overshoot/dark trailing issues or the deep blacks crushing details from parts of scenes. :)
 
Closely related- does anyone have any experience on the LG 23EA53 monitor?

Any backlight bleeding /bad IPS glow on this one?
 
Back
Top