• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LG 29ea93 from fleabay

flomofo

n00b
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
2
I just ordered one from overseas after Frys did not have stock at any store near me. I got my monitor in about three days (or two?) and it was Rev 2 with a build date of 05/13. Checking the firmware version revealed it was ver 1.43.

Good to go and they even tested it before shipping it.

Found my vendor on Fleabay but not all were the same as far as guarantees or how/if they tested monitors etc so read the whole description.

Also they say they provide power plug adapters because the monitors come with euro style plugs, when they actually just provide a US type A plug power wire so you don't have some fugly adapter hanging off the end of the power plug it comes with...nice.
 
Wow nice! Mind telling us how much you paid & from what vendor? I was pretty bummed about missing the Dell 30% off deal but might be good that I did...

Looking up reviews now. I don't game a whole lot anymore so I am out of the loop here... does the 21:9 work ok for gaming?
 
Wow nice! Mind telling us how much you paid & from what vendor? I was pretty bummed about missing the Dell 30% off deal but might be good that I did...

Looking up reviews now. I don't game a whole lot anymore so I am out of the loop here... does the 21:9 work ok for gaming?

You get a lot of the peripheral vision of Eyefinity/ NV Surround, without having massive bezels and the big performance hit. Of course, it is not as wide, but plenty wide enough for most :)
 
the 29ea93 is replaced with the new 29ea73-p and 29eb73-p (with adjustable stand). Both are available at newegg, amazon, etc. But Frys doesn carry them yet .
 
Dam , this is the only 29" brand I been wanting! Still waiting on a good price!
 
All of the 21:9 monitors except for the NEC EA294WMI use the same casing (12mm thick frame-less bs). The frame-less models inner bezel is so dark it makes the blacks look grayish vs. a standard matte bezel.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top