LG 27UD68P

floridadoc

n00b
I'm looking for a good monitor to use with the PS4 Pro. I've read a number of reviews that point to this one, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere. Is it being replaced? Or is it just that popular?

I've been looking to use this one with my PC, and it seems to be being replaced with the 27UD69P (also having trouble finding the 68P) Looks like it's an updated version with 1300:1 contrast vs the 1000:1 of the 68P. other than that, it seems to be the same.... Best Buy has them for about $500 right now.

FWIW, I'd suggest going and looking at one in best buy if you can. It's a fine monitor, but personally after seeing a 27" 4K in person, I decided I really wanted 32"+. Before that this was also a contender for me. I ended up buying a x800d which is great except for the typical VA color shift.

FWIW, I'd suggest going and looking at one in best buy if you can. It's a fine monitor, but personally after seeing a 27" 4K in person, I decided I really wanted 32"+. Before that this was also a contender for me. I ended up buying a x800d which is great except for the typical VA color shift.

So I actually went in to Best Buy earlier today, liked the monitor, and took it home. I bought the new 27UD69P. As it turns out, the PS4 Pro will not connect to this monitor at anything higher than 1920x1080. I tried going to safe mode and setting HDCP 1.4 and forcing the resolution, but no success. I also tried it with an Xbox which also refused to connect at 4K. Kind of defeats the purpose of having this. I'm sure it will connect fine to my Mac for work, but I'm looking for a screen that will do both.

Last edited:
Actually may have just found a solution. I'll try it in the morning. Some additional monitor settings that have to be made.

So turns out you have to go to picture adjust and turn on HDMI Ultra HD. Not sure why this isn't on by default, but turning it on allows a 4K connection.

Back