LF laptop for Mother

Corbin

Limp Gawd
Basically my mom needs a laptop for classes over the summer and general use after. Just needs web-browsing/basic computing capabilities. Now I know I could just buy a cheap one and have it able to do that but I want this one to last awhile and her price roof is 400$, but it can surely be lower than that. Can I find a reliable one for that price? I've been out of the tech loop for about 2 years so any help with this would be great!

Cheap is one thing. Cheap in good condition is another thing entirely. I'd suggest the second, i.e. go on eBay and find something that fits what you need. Pentium M w/ 1gb RAM should be more than enough for what you describe.

Pity I don't have a spare laptop... in a week or two I might have a netbook to sell, but that's a little ways away right now.

Buy her an Asus Transformer ... seriously. Though it's on a limit ($399), you'd/she'd be much better off.

Buy her an Asus Transformer ... seriously. Though it's on a limit ($399), you'd/she'd be much better off.

How would this be better compared to a laptop? I don't mind going through a little hassle to get a laptop up and running. Would this be faster than a 400$ laptop I could buy?

So that product is not sold out due to my mom not going through with the purchase twice :mad: but I found this laptop in the dell outlet section. Would either of these be good for the price and fit the specifications I have listed? Also what is the different between scratch and dent/ refurbished? What kind of scratches are there?

Dell laptop

now this one is cheaper, and the specs seem good for the price. Tell me what you think. (compare/contrast with other one?)

Compaq Laptop

Last edited:
Back