- Joined
- Sep 1, 2008
- Messages
- 2,116
Hey guys,
I'm on a little 40gb SSD as my main OS drive with some applications that are regularly used, and i find that i'm running out of space. I'm going to get another 40gb drive and raid 0 them up, but i want to clone my drive (or backup onto another drive to restore later).
I've never done something like this before and usually for my backup and restore needs i would use Acronis True Image or something along those lines, but that would need a OS installed to run and i'm going to wipe both the SSD's.
I also understand my new cloned partition with the two raided might be misaligned, is there a tool to make sure that doesn't happen? And if it does, i suppose i'll have to reformat and go the hard way.
Is there a generally agreed upon "best" bootable utility to backup and restore that is relatively new and has SSD support?
I'm on a little 40gb SSD as my main OS drive with some applications that are regularly used, and i find that i'm running out of space. I'm going to get another 40gb drive and raid 0 them up, but i want to clone my drive (or backup onto another drive to restore later).
I've never done something like this before and usually for my backup and restore needs i would use Acronis True Image or something along those lines, but that would need a OS installed to run and i'm going to wipe both the SSD's.
I also understand my new cloned partition with the two raided might be misaligned, is there a tool to make sure that doesn't happen? And if it does, i suppose i'll have to reformat and go the hard way.
Is there a generally agreed upon "best" bootable utility to backup and restore that is relatively new and has SSD support?