Level Twelve

Sell the CPU if you paid for a 1156 cpu and got that instead.

Glad to see you back at it Skip. I always enjoy your blend of modern and woodworking techniques to make functional art. Congrats on the little goof up that Intel sent you - nice! I guess you should feel "obligated" to showcase that future build here since Intel has inadvertantly sponsored said future build.

Totally agree with you and the optical drive, I don't even have one on my desktop, but i do have a usb one for emergencies :-p

Voted for you because your picture is awesome.

Also, subbed. I love the level of detail you get in these things.

I continue to be amazed by your incredible skill.

BTW, drafting my first wooden mod (and second overall mod)... if I can scrape together the $$$ for the parts, it might actually get built.

"Wood" you mind giving this n00b some tips?

EDIT: forgot to mention. a forum like this needs a "jawdrop" smiley.
EDIT2: here's my first mod ever. Now you know why I didn't want to call it that ;)

that other build you have belongs in the Ghetto mods threads

You cannot be serious! Level Eleven, Mid-Century Madness shows Craftsmanship and Talent just like Level Twelve. If you are serious, man.....like the old saying goes..got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. None of his mods are made from cardboard boxes, duct tape, or some gnarled up Packard Bell case with a fan hole cut in the side with screwdriver and a ball peen hammer.

(Whoa!) didnt see that link to that one mod...yeah...thats pretty hobbled together :-P

I would suggest to all who have not seen Slipperyskips other mods, to check out his forum profile here for his homepage and look at his gallery. Awesome work!

Last edited:
Looking great! This build just keeps getting better and better with each update:D

It is a non-standard sized PSU made by Antec for their HTPC cases. It replaces another non-standard PSU used in the Lenovo. It certainly would have been easier if they had used a TFX but I don't think a 350W TFX is readily available.

Back