Leupold FC660C/EG Topre my thoughts so far.

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
I am really starting to like the topre switches the more I use them. Enough that I look forward to sitting down in my cubicle at work and doing anything that requires typing.

I don't feel like I am as agile with them as my blackbird with cherry browns but I prefer them for regular typing so far.

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,compact&pid=fc660ceg

The board feels like quality, it's a little hefty for it size, but anything crazy and the rubber pads really do a great job from preventing it from moving around, with or without the feet extended. It's has been taking a little while to get used to not having the F keys, but I don't miss the rest of the keys much if at all.

The only issue I have had so far is trying to do Ctrl-Shift-Esc. This command will not work because Shift-Esc doubles as ~. This may not sound horrible as you can create a shortcut with a hot key of Ctrl-Shift-~ to get around the issue, but I am finding it painful at work due to the large amount of VM's I have to connect to. If Leupold made a 87 key topre I think it would be an awesome keyboard.

Last edited:
So I have really been enjoying this board lately but last night I decided to do the silent mod. Dental bands that stop the clank when the key travels upwards, and grease for the sliders and stabs

WOW!

This keyboard is just amazing now and super quiet to use at work as well!

IF anyone gets one of these I highly recommend doing the mod. They should come like this from the factory!

I still seem to type a little faster on the balckbird with browns, however I enjoy typing on this Topre board way more.

Leopold does make 87key Topre boards. The Realforce boards sold on Elitekeyboards site are manufactured by Leopold. I own a Topre Realforce 87uw (white/beige version) in the 55 gram uniform weighted model. It's by far my favorite keyboard, and I also own a Filco TKL (MX Brown), HHKB Pro 2 and a CM Storm QFR (MX Blue). Welcome to the Topre fanclub! :)

So I have really been enjoying this board lately but last night I decided to do the silent mod. Dental bands that stop the clank when the key travels upwards, and grease for the sliders and stabs

WOW!

This keyboard is just amazing now and super quiet to use at work as well!

IF anyone gets one of these I highly recommend doing the mod. They should come like this from the factory!

I still seem to type a little faster on the balckbird with browns, however I enjoy typing on this Topre board way more.

I want to know more about this since I sell dental equipment.
What do you mean "dental bands"? Are you talking about ortho bands?

Back